Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:03 pm

Hello,

I am using OpenXML to merge the two word documents doc1 into doc2, So doc2 is the final document containing text from doc1. They are merged pretty well and when i open the merged document in MS Word its all good but while converting it to PDF using Spire.Doc, it only takes the previous document(document prior to merging).

When i save the document manually as PDF using word menu it saves as merged PDF document and i also tried aspose.word for conversion and it also works. As i want to stick to Spire.Doc because i used it everywhere and dont want to change the code, kindly provide your feedback ASAP. So i could manage to get the merged document in PDF.

your help will be highly appreciated in this regards.

Thanks.
Imran Qureshi

imran Qureshi

Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:29 pm

Further to the above message, Kindly find the attached MS Word file for reference.

imran Qureshi

Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:00 am

Hi Imran Qureshi,

Thanks for your inquiry and so sorry for the inconvenience caused by us side.

We've tested this problem and reproduced it. Now we need to do more research on this problem, could you please offer your original files( doc1 and doc2) to help us do further research? Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Have a great day!

BR
e-iceblue support

Suvi.Wu

Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:21 am

Hello,

Thanks for the prompt reply.
Kindly find the attached zip file containing 4 files.

* Doc1.docx - The content is copied from this file to doc2.docx
* Doc2.docx - Content from doc1.docx is embeded/merged into this file in page 2 using OpenXML.
* Final Doc-Merged.docx - This is the final document that is created after merging Doc1.docx into Doc2.docx
* Word to PDF- Final Doc-Merged.pdf - The final document is then converted into PDF. you will notice that it only contains content from Doc2.docx and don't contain text from Doc2.docx.

Thats all the details of attached files. Please feel free to inquire any further if needed. As our project is on verge of finalization and we are facing only this problem. Your help on priority will be highly appriciated.

As the attachment size is more than 256kb , i cant attach it here however i emailed it at suvi.wu@e-iceblue.com

Thanks and Regards,

imran Qureshi

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:22 am

Hello Imran Qureshi,

Spire.Doc library don't support that converting the embeded .docx to PDF document at present.
We are so sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:38 am

Hello Imran Qureshi,

Spire.Doc library can support that converting the embeded .docx to PDF document.
Please download and test Spire.Doc Pack (Hot Fix) Version:4.6.28 (http://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-word-for-net-now.html) with your files.
We look forward to your feedback on the test result.
If you have any problem, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support

amy.zhao

Return to Spire.Doc