Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue May 31, 2022 4:53 pm

I am converting a treated word document to pdf. At the moment I see that the conversion is correct, but I have detected that a section in the footer does not appear in the resulting pdf document. This is a part where, in the word document, it indicates the numbering of the sheets, eg: "Page 2 of 4". I don't see what could be the problem.

Thanks.

jmparada

Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:27 am

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry.
I simulated a Word document and did a test with the latest Spire.Doc Pack(hot fix) Version:10.5.9, but did not reproduce your problem. If you were not using the latest version, I suggest you give it a try, if the issue still happens, please provide the following information for further investigation. You can attach your file here or send it to us via email (support@e-iceblue.com). Thanks in advance.
1) Your Doc document
2) Test environment, such as Win10, 64bit
3) Application type, such as Console App, .NET Framework 4.8

Sincerely,
Kylie
E-iceblue support team

kylie.tian

Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:28 pm

I indicate the answers to the questions:
1) attached word document
2) windows 11, 64bit
3) Console app java

jmparada

Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:12 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I reproduced your issue and logged it into our bug tracking system with ticket SPIREDOC-7924. Our dev team will investigate this issue, once there is any good news, I will inform you. Apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Kylie
E-iceblue support team

kylie.tian

Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:17 am

Any news with this error? Thanks

jmparada

Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:51 am

Hi,

The SPIREDOC-7924 has been solved in the new engine mode, please download the latest version (Spire.Doc for Java Version: 10.7.10) and try to convert word using the new engine. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Kylie
E-iceblue support team

kylie.tian

Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:27 pm

I have tried with the same example word document sent in a previous post and the error continues.

jmparada

Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:36 am

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.
Did you test it with our new engine? I will attach my test code here for your reference.
Code: Select all
        Document doc =new Document();
        //Use new engine
        doc.setUseNewEngine(true);
        doc.loadFromFile("PruebaWord.docx");
        doc.saveToFile("result.pdf", FileFormat.PDF);

If the issue still exists, please provide your JDK version(JDK 1.8.0_281) for further investigation. You can attach your document here. Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Kylie
E-iceblue support team

kylie.tian

Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:14 pm

It works well. I did not understand that to use the new engine. Can you tell me more about it? Do I have to test everything again when I change the engine?
Thanks.

jmparada

Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:17 am

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the late reply due to the weekend.
Please note that the new engine and the old engine are two different conversion methods, since the new engine works better than the old one in terms of page layout and some calculations, we will only maintain the new engine method in the future. By the way, our next official version of Spire.Doc for java will switch the default conversion method to the new engine, so you will not need to set the setUseNewEngine parameter later. I'll let you know as soon as we release the new version.

Sincerely,
Kylie
E-iceblue support team

kylie.tian

Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:46 am

ok, thanks very much !!!!

jmparada

Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:52 am

Hi,

You're welcome!
If you need assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Wish you all the best :D

Sincerely,
Kylie
E-iceblue support team

kylie.tian

Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:12 am

Hi,

Thanks for your patience.
Our latest version (Spire.Doc for Java Version:10.9.0) has switched the default conversion method to the new engine. Please download and try it out.

Sincerely,
Kylie
E-iceblue support team

kylie.tian

Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:07 am

We have been facing issue while converting business word document (docx) to PDF since long time. I tried all settings and timely upgrading package and hotfixes, unfortunately nothing work out for us. When we convert same document from Microsoft word by save as PDF then there is no formatting issue. Please see an attached one example for more details

Please see below line of codes that we used on our application
//Load & Convert Word Document
using (Document document = new Document(System.IO.File.OpenRead(filePath), true))
{
document.ClearMacros();
document.KeepSameFormat = true;
ToPdfParameterList toPdfParameter = new ToPdfParameterList
{
UsePSCoversion = true,
IsEmbeddedAllFonts = false,
PdfConformanceLevel = PdfConformanceLevel.None,
DisableLink = false,
UpdateFields = false
};
//Convert Word to PDF
document.SaveToStream(originalPdfStream, toPdfParameter);
}

Hot Fix Version: 7.11.0
.Net framework 4.6
Programming Language C#

NOCRobin

Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:57 am

Hi Robin,

Thanks for your inquiry.
According your message, I can’t exactly investigate your issue. Could you please provide your input document to help us reproduce your issue and work out a solution for you? You could attach it here or send it to us via email (support@e-iceblue.com). Thanks for your assistance in advance.

Sincerely
Doris
E-iceblue support team

Doris.Liu

Return to Spire.Doc