Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:24 pm

We have a problem when converting a Word document to PDF.

We have a word document with a structure and when we convert this word document to pdf, it does not keep that structure.

We attach the word document, the pdf generated from the conversion with spire.Doc and the pdf generated from the Word application itself, this document is the result we expect from the conversion by spire.Doc.

We are working with .Net Core 2.2
We have a license.
We have the nuget Spire.Office version 7.12.5

Next we put a fragment of the code of how we read the Word document and make the conversion to PDF.

Code: Select all

MemoryStream ms = new MemoryStream();
 using (Document document = new Document(System.IO.File.OpenRead("c:\\borrar\\toPDF.docx"), true))
            {
                ToPdfParameterList toPdfParameter = new ToPdfParameterList
                {
                    UsePSCoversion = true,
                    IsEmbeddedAllFonts = false,
                    PdfConformanceLevel = PdfConformanceLevel.None,
                    DisableLink = false,
                    UpdateFields = false
                };
                //Convert Word to PDF
                document.SaveToStream(ms, toPdfParameter);
                document.SaveToFile("c:\\borrar\\toPDF.PDF", toPdfParameter);
            }

abelvalle

Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:18 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I tested your docx file and reproduced your issue, the structure was not kept in the output file. I have logged this issue into our bug tracking system with the ticket number SPIREDOC-8958, our developers will investigate and fix it. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Once the issue is fixed, I will inform you in time.

Sincerely,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:32 pm

Hi, Do you have any update on the problem?

abelvalle

Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:13 am

Hi,

Thanks for your following-up.
This issue has not been solved yet, our developers are working hard on it. I have urged them to speed up fixing this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Once the issue is fixed, I will inform you in time. Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:42 am

Hello, I'm working with Abel Valle.

Do you have any update about this issue?

lthompson

Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:27 am

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding the issue fix progress. Unfortunately, due to the complexity of the issue, our dev team have not been able to fix it yet. Apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Rest assured that I have given the issue the highest priority, our dev team is working diligently to find a solution and as soon as we have an update, we will let you know. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:10 am

Hi,

Thanks for your patience.
Glad to inform you that we just released Spire.Office 8.4.0 hotfix, which has fixed the issue SPIREDOC-8958. Please download from the following links and have a test.
Website link:https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-office-for-net-now.html
Nuget link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.Office/8.4.0

Best regards,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Return to Spire.Doc