Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:40 pm

Hi,

I just downloaded the demo version of Spire.Xls

And i got this warning and can't build my program. Anyone can help me understand this?

Warning 1 The referenced assembly "Spire.XLS" could not be resolved because it has a dependency on "System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" which is not in the currently targeted framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0,Profile=Client". Please remove references to assemblies not in the targeted framework or consider retargeting your project. Mix-kasse

argoo

Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:42 am

Hello argoo,

Thank you for your inquiry.
The 'Profile=Client' is what is causing this. System.Web is not part of Client profile .
Target full framework in VS and you should be fine.

Try to do following step,
Changing the Target .NET Framework for C#
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.On the Project menu, click ProjectName Properties.
2.Click the Application tab.
3.In the Target Framework list, select .NET Framework 4.0 , I guess that item of .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile has been
selected.

Please let me know if you have any questions and concerns.

Best Regards
Jason Tan
Technical Support / Developer,
e-iceblue Support Team

Jason.Tan

Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:08 pm

Hi, There.
I'm developing using .net 4 client profile, not full framework.
Is there version that support .net 4 client profile or lower?
I tried the version in net2.0 and net3.5 but they seem identical to net4.0
Please help. If it doesn't support client profile, I may have to look for different solution.
Thanks.
-chris

chrisk

Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:25 am

Dear chris,

Generally, we need to provide web application functionality, so our product does not support client profile framework.
But we could provide a version to support client profile framework specially to you. In that case, you should purchase a license at first, and then we will generate a special version for you within 12h. I am sure you appreciate that.
Harry
Technical Support / Developer,
e-iceblue Support Team

harry.support

Return to Spire.XLS