Spire.XLS for .NET is a professional Excel .NET component that can be used to any type of .NET 2.0, 3.5, 4.0 or 4.5 framework application, both ASP.NET web sites and Windows Forms application.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:40 pm

Hi,

I just downloaded the demo version of Spire.Xls

And i got this warning and can't build my program. Anyone can help me understand this?

Warning 1 The referenced assembly "Spire.XLS" could not be resolved because it has a dependency on "System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" which is not in the currently targeted framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0,Profile=Client". Please remove references to assemblies not in the targeted framework or consider retargeting your project. Mix-kasse

argoo

Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:42 am

Hello argoo,

Thank you for your inquiry.
The 'Profile=Client' is what is causing this. System.Web is not part of Client profile .
Target full framework in VS and you should be fine.

Try to do following step,
Changing the Target .NET Framework for C#
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.On the Project menu, click ProjectName Properties.
2.Click the Application tab.
3.In the Target Framework list, select .NET Framework 4.0 , I guess that item of .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile has been
selected.

Please let me know if you have any questions and concerns.

Best Regards
Jason Tan
Technical Support / Developer,
e-iceblue Support Team

Jason.Tan

Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:08 pm

Hi, There.
I'm developing using .net 4 client profile, not full framework.
Is there version that support .net 4 client profile or lower?
I tried the version in net2.0 and net3.5 but they seem identical to net4.0
Please help. If it doesn't support client profile, I may have to look for different solution.
Thanks.
-chris

chrisk

Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:25 am

Dear chris,

Generally, we need to provide web application functionality, so our product does not support client profile framework.
But we could provide a version to support client profile framework specially to you. In that case, you should purchase a license at first, and then we will generate a special version for you within 12h. I am sure you appreciate that.
Harry
Technical Support / Developer,
e-iceblue Support Team

harry.support

Return to Spire.XLS