Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:53 pm

Hello,

We have license copy of spire doc.

Version we are using is - 9.12.7

We are facing issue on document.UpdateTableOfContents(); taking almost 50 seconds roughly and causing a delay in document generation process.

seeking help here.

Will wait for reply.

Thanks
Chandra

ChandraMaral

Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:14 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry!

This error you encountered is mostly related to the data in the document, your file is very important for us to investigate your issue. To help us reproduce your issue quickly and efficiently, please provide us with the following information, thanks in advance!

1. Your input files(if any).
2. Your testing code.
3. The target framework of your project (E.g. .NetFramework 4.8.0, console application).
4. Your system information (E.g. Win7, 64 bit) and region setting (E.g. China, Chinese)

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:39 pm

Thanks for reply, We really having security constraint due to which may take little while to hand over the code as well as document. Can we email you the files if yes kindly send/mention the email address. Till then will check about handing over the code and document.

Thanks
Chandra

ChandraMaral

Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:44 am

Hello Chandra,

Thanks for your feedback!

Of course, you can remove the security data of your document as long as the modified files could reproduce your issue, and then send the files and code to us via email (support@e-iceblue.com). We will investigate your issue as soon as we receive your files. Besides, we promise to keep your documents confidential, and will not use it for any other purpose.

Looking forward to your email!

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:17 pm

Hello,

I sent code to lisa.li <lisa.li@e-iceblue.com> and loop in support team as well.

Kindly check and let me know. Below is the time output I'm getting in milliseconds.

Total time taken for UpdateTableOfContents - 97609
Total time taken for ConvertDocxToPdf - 69707

Code which I sent is mimic code what we have currently in production.

Thanks
Chandra

ChandraMaral

Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:00 am

Hello,

We have received your email, and thanks for sharing more information!

I did reproduce your issue of update TOC too slow by your project, and logged it in our issue tracking system with the ticket SPIREDOC-7203 for further investigation.

We will let you know if there is any update. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Return to Spire.Doc