Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:07 pm

Hi,
I'm having an issue when saving an excel chart as an image, some of the data label options are applied to an excel export but are not applied to the image (html or pdf either).

Neither of these options seem to work when the chart is exported with workbook.SaveAsImage() or workbook.SaveChartAsImage():
foreach (ChartSerie cs in chart.Series)
{
cs.DataPoints.DefaultDataPoint.DataLabels.HasCategoryName = false;
}
chart.Series[0].DataPoints[0].DataLabels.Text = "";

I've tested this with Spire.XLS generated wookbooks and manually created excel file and this is still the case, any advice?

(Nuget FreeSpire.XLS v12.7.0 and still an issue with Spire.XLS v12.7.1)
Attachments
SaveAsImage2.jpg
Exported image
SaveAsImage2.jpg (37.68 KiB) Viewed 2092 times
ExcelScreenCap.PNG
How the chart looks in excel
ExcelScreenCap.PNG (39.4 KiB) Viewed 2093 times

JamesConstructsys

Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:53 am

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry.
I reproduced your problem and posted the problem to our bug tracking system with the problem number SPIREXLS-4038. I will let you know as soon as the issue is resolved or there is any update. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Kylie
E-iceblue support team

kylie.tian

Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:38 pm

Hi Kylie,

Has there been any progress on this issue or can you provide an estimated date for a fix?

JamesConstructsys

Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:24 am

Hi,

Our development team has adjusted your question and it is going to the test stage now. If the test goes well, we will provide a hotfix asap. I will inform you as soon as there is any good news. Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Kylie
E-iceblue suppot team

kylie.tian

Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:01 am

Hi,

Glad to inform that we just released Spire.XLS Pack(Hotfix) Version:12.9.2 which fixed SPIREXLS-4038, you can download it from the following links to test.
Website link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-excel-for-net-now.html
Nuget link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.XLS/12.9.2

Sincerely,
Kylie
E-iceblue support team

kylie.tian

Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:34 pm

Thanks Kylie, it looks like HasCategoryName = false is omitting the text from the label now with that hotfix.

However the value is still showing with a comma before it if the DataLabels.HasValue = true, setting the text manually also still doesn't seem to work:
chart.Series[0].DataPoints[0].DataLabels.Text = "test";
Attachments
Treemap.png
Treemap.png (51.24 KiB) Viewed 1927 times

JamesConstructsys

Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:51 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.
I did an initial test with the code you provided, and did reproduce the issue you mentioned. I have logged the issue into our bug tracking system with the ticket number SPIREXLS-4164. Our development team will investigate and fix it. Once it is resolved, I will inform you in time. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:55 am

Hello,

Thanks for your patience!
Glad to inform you that we just released Spire.XLS Pack(Hotfix) Version:12.11.3 which fixes the issue of SPIREXLS-4164.
Please download the new version from the following links to test.

Website link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-excel-for-net-now.html
Nuget link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.XLS/12.11.3

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Return to Spire.XLS