Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:01 pm

Hi all,

I'm totally new to this product.

I just managed to convert some word-doc's into TIFF (my only aim). And from what I can see the picture quality is quite low - all letters has strange sharp edges and looks like made on a ZX Spectrum 1988. Is this due to the fact that I'm using the Free version?

Further more - the TIFF produced is this complient to TIFF version 6.0?

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Mr. Bear

Mr. Bear

Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:45 am

Hello,

Thanks for your interests in our Spire.DOC and sorry for the late reply as weekend.
I prefer to recommend that you upgrade to the latest commercial version (Spire.Doc Pack(hot fix) Version:6.8.16) to have a try, since the commercial version has better performance than the free one.
If the issue still occurs after trying, please provide your word file, result tiff file as well as your testing code to help us further investigate your issue.

Besides, the process of converting word to tiff is to use our Spire.Doc to save the word to image firstly, and then use the .NET code to convert the image to tiff. Maybe you can contact the .NET support to get an exact answer about whether the generated TIFF is compliant with TIFF version 6.0.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:54 am

Hello,

Greetings from E-iceblue.
Did the commercial version work for you? Thanks in advance for your valuable feedback and time.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:12 am

Hi Lisa,

First of all thank you for your kind answer.

I have to take this decision on behalf of a customer and I don't find your answer convincing since it seems like you really don't know. You want me to check it out buying the product - I could have done so without contacting this forum - and I really don't want to be a test dummy for money.

Next - apart from converting (older) word.doc -> tiff and having low quality with raster font's with sharp edges, I faced even worse problem since I had GDI+ -exceptions trying to do the same with perfectly valid, though older, rtf-documents.

So now I go down office-road - this is to loose for me.

Mr. Bear

Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:09 am

Hello Bear,

Thanks for your feedback.
We did a test previously, but didn't reproduce the low quality issue of generated Tiff. Hence, it is hard to locate the cause of your issue without your original word file. Here, I made a sample demo for you, you could refer to it to set a Dpi for image to improve the quality. Please try your word file. If the low quality issue still exists, we absolutely need your word file and generated Tiff for a further investigation.
Besides, as for " the GDI+ exception", to help us investigate your issue accurately and quickly, please provide your original input file, testing code or a sample application which shows your problem. Thanks in advance. You could send them to us via email( support@e-iceblue.com).

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:14 am

Hello Bear,

Greetings from E-iceblue.
Did my demo help you? and could you please let us know how is the "GDI+ exception" issue going? Thanks in advance for your valuable feedback and time.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Return to Spire.Doc