Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:44 am

Hi folks

I keep getting the error The type or namespace name 'Spire' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) when compiling. I'm using the NET 4.0 library and the target framework for my webapp is also .Net 4.0. Any clues why this is happening? Been searching the web about this particular issue and have tried a lot of possible solutions but still no go. Would

Regards,
Dave

wyldKard

Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:18 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
The possible cause of your issue is that the dlls of the Spire.Pdf you referenced are not compatible with the.NET framework version of your application. Please check again if the .NET framework version is higher than or equal to the dlls version. And please also make sure that the dlls you referenced are from the same folder. If the issue still troubles you, please share your sample application which shows your issue to help us have a further investigation. You could send it to us via email (support@e-iceblue.com). Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:30 am

Hello,

Greetings from E-iceblue!
Have you solved the issue? Could you please give us some feedback at your conveniece?

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Return to Spire.PDF