Spire.Presentation is a professional PowerPoint® compatible library that enables developers to create, read, write, modify, convert and Print PowerPoint documents. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Presentation for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:02 am

Hi,

So I'm trying to manipulate a PowerPoint show that I already created.

So naturally I load the ppt up, and then start manipulating. Now when I go to save the file to a new file it throws the exception "System.ArgumentException: The node to be removed is not a child of this node".

My code:
Code: Select all
FileStream to_stream = new FileStream("C:\\Users\\aalbaek-nt\\Desktop\\Agenda.pptx", FileMode.Create);
presentation.SaveToFile(to_stream, FileFormat.Pptx2010); // <- exception thrown here
to_stream.Close();

System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("C:\\Users\\aalbaek-nt\\Desktop\\Agenda.pptx");

if any clarification is needed, please do let me know :)

EDIT: This leads to an empty presentation being created. Though it still throws the exception, and halts the program.

teyson

Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:30 am

Hi teyson,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I firstly suggest you use the latest Spire.Presentation Pack Hotfix Version:3.11.1 if you were using old version.
If the issue still happens, please share your input PPT file and full code(how to manipulat the file) for testing and further investigation.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:06 am

It fixed my issue.

But created a new one.. When the final PowerPoint show opens it has the red text in the top saying "Evaluation Warning: the document was created with Spire.Presentation for .NET"

Now, I thought that that would only happen if you used the trial version, and not when using the Free version?

teyson

Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:21 am

Hi teyson,

Glad to hear the hotfix solves your issue.
Yes, the version I mentioned is commercial version. So sorry that we have no plan to maintain free version, and the new feature and fixes will only be included in commercial version.
To help you evaluate our product better, we have sent you a one-month free license of Spire.Presentation to help you remove the warning message. Here is a guide to apply license.
If there is any question, welcome to get it back to us.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:34 am

Hi teyson,

Greetings from E-iceblue.
Has your issue been resolved? Does our product meet your requirement?

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Return to Spire.Presentation