Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:08 pm

I am using data from an application to create an expense report pdf, so the length of the resulting document will vary based upon the data. There are grids containing expense details that can span multiple pages, and occasionally the text get duplicated at the top of a new page. I've include a zip file which includes a screenshot of the malformed output when this happens (ScreenshotOfBug.png), a pdf example of how we want the pdf structured (ExampleOfDesiredExpenseReportOutput.pdf), and C# class with code that will cause the bug to be visible (Program.cs).

There is a for loop that generates expense detail rows, and the bug first appears when that loop runs three times. If you vary the number of loops though you will see the issue appear sporadically throughout the final pdf output.

Please advise whether there is a bug, or if there are settings in the document, grids, etc. that will resolve this issue.

Thanks

sentrichr

Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:14 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I tested your code and did notice the behavior you mentioned. I have posted it to our Dev team for investigation. If there is any update, we will let you know. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Elena
E-iceblue support team

Elena.Zhang

Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:17 pm

Hello,

Any chance you know whether this bug will be addressed? If not, can you please suggest another way to present the data in the desired format that will not be affected by this bug.

sentrichr

Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:38 am

Hello,

Thanks for your contacting.
I got news from our Dev team that they have located the cause of this issue. Now they are looking for the solution to solve it. We will notify you as soon as it is resolved. Thanks for your patience.

Sincerely,
Elena
E-iceblue support team

Elena.Zhang

Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:31 pm

I just wanted to check in to see if there's any estimate for when a fix might be available. We're approaching a release date for our product where we want to provide expense report pdfs designed like the sample I included, and if this bug is not going to be fixed I will need to completely rethink my approach to how Spire can provide our desired functionality/appearance. We recently renewed our Spire PDF license to fix another bug that was causing us problems, only to find this new bug after upgrading to the latest version.

Thank you

sentrichr

Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:02 am

Hello,

Thanks for your patience.
I just got the news from our Dev team that your issue has been resolved. Now our Test team is doing further testing on the hotfix. If everything goes well, we will be able to provide you with a new version next week. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Elena
E-iceblue support team

Elena.Zhang

Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:52 am

Hello,

Hope you are doing well.
Glad to inform you that we just released Spire.PDF Pack(Hot Fix) Version:6.12.10 which fixes your issue. Welcome to download it from the following links.
Our website: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/down ... t-now.html
Nuget: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.Pdf/6.12.10

Sincerely,
Elena
E-iceblue support team

Elena.Zhang

Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:18 am

Hello,

Greetings from E-iceblue.
How is your issue now? Could you please give us some feedback at your convenience?

Sincerely
Elena
E-iceblue support team

Elena.Zhang

Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:12 pm

Hello, thank you for following up on this issue. The issue I reported here with text being written over other text has been resolved. However, I believe that a prior bug has been reintroduced as a result. I'm not sure that this is the exact same, but I believe that SPIREPDF-3355 fixed in version 6.7.8 last year is again a problem. I have attached an example of what I am seeing when a grid spans multiple pages. If a given row in the grid will not fit in the remaining space on a page, that entire row is moved to the next page leaving a lot of blank whitespace on the initial page where the row should have started.

sentrichr

Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:09 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback!

I did a test with the latest Spire.PDF v7.1 but did not reproduce your issue.

To help us reproduce your issue and make further investigation, please provide us with your full testing code. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:17 pm

After upgrading to v7.1.10 the issue appears to be resolved. We had been using 6.12.10.

Thank you

sentrichr

Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:02 am

Hello,

Glad to hear that your issue has been solved.

If you encounter any issues related to our product in the future, just feel free to contact us.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Return to Spire.PDF