Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:17 am

I have been using trial license of e-ice blue, version 11.1.1. It is taking 2 to 3 minutes to convert docx to pdf in windows OS and 40 seconds to convert docx to pdf in Linux server.
Is there any specific reason why it is taking so much time.How it can be sorted, please do the needful....

vigneshwarankrishna

Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:03 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.
The convert speed can be influenced by many factors, for example, the complexity of the document structure, total amount of data in your document, the performance of your test device, etc. Could you please provide us with the following messages to help us do a further investigation? You can send them to us via email (support@e-iceblue.com) or attach them here. Thanks for your assistance.
1) your test input files and full code.
2) detailed information about your Windows device and Linux server, such as (Windows 10 64 bit, i5-12400F, 16G memory).
3) your application type, such as .NET Framework 4.8.

Sincerely,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:08 am

1.public static void convertToPdf() {
logger.info("pdf conversion started----->");
String filePath = "/home/npdeployuser/fproneuat/iuam/storage/case_data/8/34789/2023_1_24_9_50_11TEL_ALL_ALL_FIR_DPG_ALL_ALL_DUPLICATE.docx";
// Create a Document instance and load a Word document
Document doc = new Document(filePath);
// Save the document to PDF
doc.saveToFile(ApplicationDateUtils.getFileDate() + "ToPdf.pdf", FileFormat.PDF);
logger.info("pdf conversion ended----->");
}

2. Linux server details--->4vCPU, 16 GB

3. Spring application 2.6.3

vigneshwarankrishna

Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:16 am

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.
I created a SpringBoot web application and tested with your input file on my Windows computer (i5-7500, 16g, Windows 10 pro) and Linux server (2 core, 4G), first time the conversion costed about 8 seconds, later, it costed about 1-2 seconds.
Spring.png

I did not reproduce your issue, I have uploaded my jar file, you can download it from this link(https://www.e-iceblue.com/downloads/demo/32255Demo.zip) and do some tests, please run the jar in cmd console, using “java -jar ConvertSpeedTest-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar” and visit “localhost:8080/convert”, the cmd console will generate some information about the conversion. If the conversion still takes long time, please contact us.

Sincerely,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:38 am

I tried the project that you created i was able to convert within 20 secs, I created spring maven project and used the same code as yours but i was able to convert it in more than 1 min.
Can you please analyse if i have missed something in my project i have zipped the jar

vigneshwarankrishna

Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:53 am

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.
I decompiled your jar file, there was a small mistake, see attached picture.
mistake.png

In addition, could you please provide us with following messages to help us do a further investigation? You can send them to us via email or attach them here. Thank for your assistance.
1) your full project that can reproduce your issue.
2) detailed information about your Windows device, such as OS info (E.g., Windows 10, 64-bit, 16G memory) and region setting (E.g., China, Chinese).

Sincerely,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Return to Spire.Doc