Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:56 pm

Hi,

Could someone point out why the attached document ends up with incorrect formatting when saved as a PDF? The table rows become disjointed and seem to ignore the page width

Cheers

dannyrichardson

Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:53 am

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
I tested your Word file, indeed found that the tables in the PDF file are incorrect. I have logged the issue into our Bug tracking system with the ticket number SPIREDOC-6776. Our development team will investigate and fix it. Once it is resolved, I will inform you in time. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:44 am

Hi,

Any updates on this?

Cheers,

Danny

dannyrichardson

Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:54 am

Hello,

Thank you for following up.
Sorry, the issue of ticket SPIREDOC-6776 has not been completely resolved due to its complexity. I have urged our developer to deal with it as soon as possible. Please spare us more time, if there is a new version available, I will inform you in time. Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:58 am

Was this resolved?
I have an HTML report which has tables inside tables. Spire.Doc can save this to DOCX with proper formatting, but when saved to PDF all the table columns shrink to minimum width.
None of the width settings are kept in the PDF.

Using C# and Spire.Doc 10.11.0

Les

Les43625

Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:22 am

Hi Les43625,

Thanks for your inquiry.
SPIREDOC-6776 issue has not been solved yet. We are sorry for the inconvenience. We will inform you as soon as any progress available.
For your case, could you please provide your test html file and full test code that can reproduce your issue to help us accurately do further investigation? You can upload your files here or send to us via email(support@e-iceblue.com). Thanks for your assistance in advance.

Sincerely
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:49 am

Hi Les43625,

Greetings from E-iceblue.
How is the issue now? If it hasn’t been solved yet, could you please provide us with your test html file and full test code? you can attach them here or send to us via email (support@e-iceblue.com), thanks for your feedback.

Sincerely,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:45 am

I will try to email some example HTML reports. I cannot upload attachments here, the page crashes when I try.

Les43625

Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:52 am

Les43625 wrote:I will try to email some example HTML reports. I cannot upload attachments here, the page crashes when I try.

Hi Les43625 ,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I reproduced the issue you mentioned and I have logged it into our bug tracking system with the ticket number SPIREDOC-8838, once there is any progress, I will keep you informed, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Kindly note that our Spire.Doc is based on MS Word standard, I opened your html files with MS Word (2021 pro plus edition), the structure was changed and some parts were invisible. Since html format is not well-supported by MS Word, so the outcoming may not fully achieve your requirement.
In addition, I also tried to do a conversion with Spire.PDF using QT plugin, the converted pdf file has a satisfactory effect. You can follow the tutorial (https://www.e-iceblue.com/Tutorials/Spire.PDF/Spire.PDF-Program-Guide/Convert-HTML-to-PDF-Customize-HTML-to-PDF-Conversion-by-Yourself.html#A) and do some tests. We will send you the output files via email.
We are willing to provide a temporary license (one month free) to help you evaluate our Spire.PDF better. If you need it, just let us know.
If you have any problems with our products, just feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Triste
E-iceblue support team.

Triste.Dai

Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:01 am

Hi dannyrichardson,

Thanks for your patience!
Glad to inform you that we just released Spire.Doc Pack(hot fix) Version:10.12.4 which fixes the issue of SPIREDOC-6776.
Please download the new version from the following links to test.

Website link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-word-for-net-now.html
Nuget link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.Doc/10.12.4

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Return to Spire.Doc