Spire.Presentation is a professional PowerPoint® compatible library that enables developers to create, read, write, modify, convert and Print PowerPoint documents. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Presentation for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:10 pm

I have an issue when loading some PowerPoint presentations - I get a few 'System.ObjectDisposedException' in mscorlib.dll messages when instantiating the instance of Presentation.

This is the code to recreate the issue, please note the message only appears while in debug mode:

Code: Select all
public void PPTXOpen()
{
    string strSourceFile = @"Example.pptx";
    Presentation doc = new Presentation(strSourceFile, Spire.Presentation.FileFormat.Auto);

// After the above call we receive a string of:
    // Exception thrown: 'System.ObjectDisposedException' in mscorlib.dll
    // messages. These only get displayed in when running in Debug, to help
    // experience the issue set a breakpoint on the above line

Console.WriteLine("Open complete");
    doc.Dispose();
}

I will send the file to help create this issue to the support email address.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if you need anything further from me.

wraydc

Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:09 am

Hello,

I have received your email, thanks for your inquiry!

I tested the file and the code you provided with the latest Spire.Presentation V6.4.1 in debug mode, but did not reproduce your issue. If you were not using the latest version, I recommend that you use the latest version and try again.

If the issue still exists, please provide us with your whole project which can reproduce your issue, your system information (E.g. Win7, 64 bit) and region setting (E.g. China, Chinese) for reference. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:45 am

Thank you for your quick response - I'm using version 6.2.2.9046 which is I believe the latest version for the Spire.Office version. Can you confirm when this issue will be resolved in this version.

Many thanks in advance,

Darren.

wraydc

Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:57 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback!

I did more tests with the latest Spire.Office V6.3.3, but still cannot reproduce your issue. I recommend that you can try again with the latest Spire.Presentation V6.4.1 to confirm that if the issue still exists.

If the issue still exists, to help us further investigate your issue, please provide us your issue details, project target framework (e.g. .Net Framework 4.6.1), system information (E.g. Win7, 64 bit) and region setting (E.g. China, Chinese) for reference.

If not exist, maybe the issue has been resolved with the latest version of the Spire.Presentation, and when the latest version of the Spire.Office is released, I will inform you ASAP.

Looking forward to your reply!

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:53 am

I've tested with the Office 6.4.0 version and I'm getting the same issue :(

Can I check that you are using the sample file that I provided by email? I can only recreate this issue with certain files.

Here is the extract from the output test run showing the result.

'ReSharperTestRunner64.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: TestSourceHost: Enumerating source (E:\SpireTestCases\bin\Debug\SpireTestCases.dll)): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ReSharperTestRunner64.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: TestSourceHost: Enumerating source (E:\SpireTestCases\bin\Debug\SpireTestCases.dll)): Loaded 'E:\SpireTestCases\bin\Debug\Spire.Pdf.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
Exception thrown: 'System.ObjectDisposedException' in mscorlib.dll
'ReSharperTestRunner64.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: TestSourceHost: Enumerating source (E:\SpireTestCases\bin\Debug\SpireTestCases.dll)): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\IDE\Remote Debugger\x64\Runtime\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Debugger.Runtime.dll'.

Screenshot 2021-04-06 at 07.29.35.png

Environmental Answers: Windows 10 Pro 64bit v10.0.19042, with US, English culture.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or if I can provide anything further to assist in your recreating/resolving this issue.

wraydc

Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:13 am

Hello,

Thanks for sharing more information!

I did test with the file “Example.pptx” you sent to us, and set the breakpoint at the place as your annotations mentioned with the latest Spire.Office 6.4.0 on the Win10 system in debug mode. But still did not reproduce your issue.

Could you please provide us with your entire compile-able project which can reproduce your issue to help us investigate your issue quickly and efficiently?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:59 am

Marcia,

No problem, I have just sent a zipped copy of the entire project through to the support email address referencing this issue.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do to assist you in recreating/resolving this issue.

Many thanks in advance,

Darren.

wraydc

Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:30 am

Hello,

We have received your project, and thanks for sharing more information!

I tested your project on different win10 system computers, but all of them can run the program normally. I’m afraid this issue may be related to your Visual Studio or your system settings. I recommend that you can run your project on other computers or other version of Visual Studio to see if the issue still occurs.

Besides, I also tried to search on some technology forums based on the error message “Cannot find or open the PDB file” you mentioned, and I found this solution: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/20082308/cannot-find-or-open-the-pdb-file-from-visual-studio-2013-rc . You can give it a try on your side. Hope it can help you and look forward to your feedback!

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Return to Spire.Presentation