Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:15 am

Hello,

Firstly I want to say, that your products are a great job done.
Until now I am using Spire.Doc Free version for testing for few months to see if it covers all my needs planned for the futue project.
But today my needs overflowed the 500 paragraph limitation.
So I consider to purchase it.

It rises two questions for me:

1. There is an information, that the Free edition is NOT compatible with Payed one.
Does it mean that my VB code tested and evaluted on Free edition SpireDoc.dll must by somehow modified to work with payed .dll ?

2. I have searched the web and forum for the difference between standard & Pro edition of the SpireDoc product and found some answers.
But still doubt about RTF. So to be clear, what version is suitable for me, If I only need theese kind of operations?:
- opening Docx
- modifying Docx (Replacing strings, Inserting images,...)
- inserting other DOCX and RTF content (from external DOCX and RTF files) into opened DOCX
- allways saving as DOCX (never as RTF)
(...and I am non-profit... It is my personal input for small community of people to make a software for them... so I would like NOT to spend as much as... :)))

bt777_azet.sk

Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:03 am

Hello,

Thanks for your recognition of our products. Please find the answers below to your questions.
1. There is not much difference in functionality between the free and paid versions, your current code can be used for the paid version as well.
2. We are sorry to tell you that Standard Edition doesn’t supports loading RTF files. Unlike Pro Edition, our Standard Edition doesn't support appending HTML to Word, print and conversion. For your requirement, it is recommended that you purchase the Pro Edition.
If you have further questions about purchasing, please contact our sales team (sales@e-iceblue.com) and they will answer you in detail.

Sincerely,
Brian
E-iceblue support team

Brian.Li

Return to Spire.Doc