Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:32 am

Hello,

When trying to convert a .docx file to PDF using Spire.Doc, I have noticed that our host application memory begins to increase slowly and after some time our application is crashing with Exception code: 0xc00000fd. We have installed the latest version of Spire.Office (v6.8.2).

I am able to reproduce the issue with the specific document and a simple .Net Core Console Application that loads the file in question and tries to save it as a PDF using Spire.Office v6.8.2.

I have packaged up the console application with the file and sent it through as an attachment so you can check the source code and run the application yourself to view the problem. When running the console application you'll notice that the process never finishes even though it should be a simple task, and memory usage of the program will begin to climb slowly until the program crashes with a Stackoverflow 0xc00000fd.

This is a big problem for us as we have this latest version of Spire.Office in Production for our clients and have found this issue (which appears to be a regression from previous versions of Spire.Office).

We are a paid license customer and need this fixed asap. I can provide the license number for you if necessary.

ZacCliff92

Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:27 am

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry.
I reproduced your issue on my side and logged it into our Bug tracking system with the ticket number SPIREDOC-6667. Our development team will investigate and fix it. Once it is resolved, I will inform you. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
In addition, please provide your purchase email or order number. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:52 pm

Hi Annika,

Thank you for your response. Our order number is 143843721. I've also attached the purchase email to this message.

We expect to hear from you soon with a resolution for this matter.

Thank you,
Zac

ZacCliff92

Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:06 am

Hello,

Thank you for your sharing.
I have asked our development team to fix the problem you reported as soon as possible. Once the problem is resolved, we will promptly provide you with a new version available.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:49 am

Hi Annika,

Just touching base with you to see where this fix is at? Once again this is a critical issue for us and needs to be resolved asap.

Please let me know what the situation is and when we might expect an update on this.

Thank you,
Zac

ZacCliff92

Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:02 am

Hello Zac,

Thanks for your follow up.
I am glad to tell you that the Stackoverflow error has been fixed. But there is a little problem in the format effect of the table in the converted PDF file. We have a 7-Day National Holiday during 01/10/2021-07/10/2021. Our developer will adjust it at an accelerated pace after holiday. Sorry for any inconveniences caused by us and we appreciate your support and understanding.

Sincerely,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:23 am

Hi Amy,

It's now been almost 2 weeks since our last correspondence and I haven't heard any update on when we can expect this issue to be fixed.

I understand you had a national holiday at the beginning of October, but we are now nearing the end of October and I still don't know how we are going to proceed here.

Once again, this is a critical issue! We have had multiple instances where the Spire library crashes our process completely when trying to do a simple conversion and it's getting to the point where the problem and the overly long wait for a solution is unacceptable.

Please let me know what is happening and when we can expect a fix.

Thank you,
Zac

ZacCliff92

Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:56 am

Dear Zac,

We're terribly sorry for not updating for a long time.
As our Spire.Doc product is entering the upgrade phase, and our development and testing teams are working at a hectic pace.
For SPIREDOC-6667, after national holiday, our developer made another fix, and the remaining incorrect table effects are as follows now.
The current PDF table effect.png

I have fed back your urgent status to our development team again, and the developer has started to deal with it urgently. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Are you currently willing to accept a temporary version that fixes the Stackoverflow exception? We may provide it to you soon.

Sincerely,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:28 pm

Hi Amy,

Thank you for your response. We are willing to accept a temporary version to fix the Stackoverflow exception.

Would you be able to provide me an ETA on when we can receive this?

Thank you,
Zac

ZacCliff92

Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:51 am

Hi Zac,

Thanks for your feedback.
We quickened the process and prepared a temporary version(spire.office_6.10.1.zip) for you. Please download and test it firstly. Once the table effects is fixed, we will provide an official hotfix version for you. Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:06 am

Hi Rachel,

Thank you very much for providing the temporary fixed version of Spire Office. After downloading and testing it seems that this new version has fixed our Stackoverflow exception and we can proceed with our production Hot fix, so much appreciated for expediting the process for us.

Looking forward to hearing from you when the official hotfix is available.

Thank you,
Zac

ZacCliff92

Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:16 am

Hi Zac,

Thanks for your feedback :D !

Once the official hotfix version is available, we will notify you at the first time. Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support

rachel.lei

Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:59 am

Dear Zac,

Thank you for your patient waiting.
The official Spire.Office has been released. Welcome to download and test Spire.Office Platinum(Hotfix) Version:6.10.3.
Our website link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-office-for-net-now.html
NuGet links:
https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.Office/6.10.3
https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.Office.NETCore/6.10.3

Sincerely,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Return to Spire.Doc