Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:12 am

I downloaded latest FreeSpire.PDF for tests to use in my application. I generate PDF document from Excel template. And I have a strange problem: I can generate PDF file from Spire.XLS and save to the file and everything looks great, but when I print the file using Spire.PDF (included in the Spire.XLS Pro) sometimes it misses spaces between words in some texts. I can generate for example 20 documents based on the same template. Saved PDFs look correctly, but when I print them using Spire.PDF a few of them have no spaces. I tried to use both versions of Spire: Free and Pro with the same results. I'm decided to buy Pro version. But with this problem, I cannot use it.

I attached two files with the description, the printed file has different fonts than the original file and in some texts, it misses spaces between words.

I can send generated example files to private mail.
Attachments
Capture-01-saved.PNG
the file generated from Excel (Spire.XLS) and saved to PDF (Spire.PDF)
Capture-01-saved.PNG (41.4 KiB) Viewed 3186 times
Capture-02-printed.PNG
the saved PDF sent to printer
Capture-02-printed.PNG (37.09 KiB) Viewed 3186 times

qver@wp.pl

Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:04 am

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.
Please note the Spire.Pdf.dll in latest Spire.Xls Pro edition is not the latest one, so I would suggest downloading the latest Spire.PDF Pack(Hot Fix) Version:4.4.0 to print your Pdf files. If the issue still happens after trying, please send your sample Pdf file to us via email support@e-iceblue.com.
In addition, according to your descriptions, I knew you were using the features of Spire.Xls and Spire.Pdf, if you want to use two or more products together in a same project, you need to reference the corresponding dlls from Spire.Office package.

Sincerely,
Nina
E-iceblue support team

Nina.Tang

Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:13 pm

The problem still exists with version 4.4.0. I sent files to support.

qver@wp.pl

Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:30 am

Dear Jerzy,

Thanks for your sharing and sorry for late reply as weekend.
I have reproduced your issue and logged it into our bug tracking system. We will keep you informed regarding any available updates. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Nina
E-iceblue support team

Nina.Tang

Tue May 08, 2018 6:14 am

Dear Jerzy,

Thanks for your patient waiting.
The reported issue has been fixed in Spire.Office Platinum (DLL Only) Version:3.4.2. Welcome to download it.

Best wishes,
Nina
E-iceblue support team

Nina.Tang

Thu May 10, 2018 3:42 am

Hello,

Greetings from E-iceblue!
Did we resolve your issue?
Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Nina
E-iceblue support team

Nina.Tang

Tue May 15, 2018 8:02 am

Hello,

Thank you. Now it works fine. :P
But... I found another error after this update.
I will describe it in a separate post: Spire.XLS Pro and "Parameter is not valid" when printing PDF

With regards
Jerzy G.
Last edited by ocelot on Tue May 15, 2018 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

ocelot

Tue May 15, 2018 8:20 am

Dear Jerzy G,

Thanks for your feedback.
If you need helps in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,
Nina
E-iceblue support team

Nina.Tang

Return to Spire.XLS