Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:21 pm

I am testing the free version of Spire.XLS as part of a test to see if it will do what we need.

I have an Excel file that gets fully populated by another program. When I convert this using Spire.XLS linked in to my C# program (.NET 3.5), it converts to PDF easy enough but the output is smaller on the page than if I had done an "Export" to PDF using MS Excel.

Everything else looks great, it is just smaller on the page than what Excel would do. It looks maybe 10% smaller, and the extra space is all on the right side, left margin is at the same position on the page.

I am wondering if there is an easy solution to this?

My code for conversion is very simple:

----------
string inputFileName = "ExcelInputFile.xlsx";
string outputFileName = "ExcelOutputFile.pdf";
Workbook wb = new Workbook();
wb.LoadFromFile(inputFileName );
wb.SaveToFile(outputFileName, FileFormat.PDF);
----------

Do I need to do any setup on the Excel file? It has only one worksheet.

Thx,
Alex

atkreis

Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:31 am

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your interesting in our SPire.XLS.
As we have no plan to update the free version and all the fixes and new features are implemented in commercial version.
Please try again with the latest commercial version(Spire.XLS Pack Hotfix Version:7.11.34) first. If the scenario still happen, Please provide us the sample files for a further analysis and investigation.

Sincerely,
Simon
E-iceblue support team

Simon.yang

Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:43 am

Hello Alex,

Did you try with the latest version? Is the issue fixed? Please give us some feedback. It will be much appreciated. If the scenario still exist, please send us the sample documents for an investigation.

Sincerely,
Simon
E-iceblue support team

Simon.yang

Return to Spire.XLS