Spire.Presentation is a professional PowerPoint® compatible library that enables developers to create, read, write, modify, convert and Print PowerPoint documents. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Presentation for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:11 pm

Following this thread: read-switch-row-column-t11355.html

I would like to inquire how the IsSwitchRowAndColumn flag works
Code: Select all
bool isSwitchRowAndColumn = chart.IsSwitchRowAndColumn();

I have a powerpoint with a chart where switched row and column and a copy of the same chart where I did not switch row and column.
When I checked the code .IsSwitchRowAndColumn, it always returns a false value.

I also saw a method SwitchRowAndColumn. When I tried calling it, it did not do anything.

Some code snippets:
Code: Select all
bool isSwitchRowAndColumn = chart.IsSwitchRowAndColumn(); //check if chart rows and columns are switched. this always returns false even if I switched it
//populate new chart values
chart.ChartData[x,y] = value;
isSwitchRowAndColumn = chart.IsSwitchRowAndColumn(); //check value again still false
chart.SwitchRowAndColumn(); // does nothing
isSwitchRowAndColumn = chart.IsSwitchRowAndColumn(); // check value again still false

boncyrus

Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:34 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry;

According to your description, I simulated a PPT file and did an initial test, but did not reproduce the issue you mentioned. The version I used is the latest version (Spire.Presentation Pack Hotfix Version:8.2.0). If you were not using the latest version, please first give it a try. If the issue still exists after trying, please provide the following information. You could attach them here or send them to us via email (support@e-iceblue.com). Thanks in advance.
1) Your input PPT file.
2) Your complete test code.
3) Your test environment, such as OS info (E.g. Windows 10, 64-bit) and region setting (E.g. China, Chinese).
4) Your application type, such as Console app (. Net Framework 4.5).

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Return to Spire.Presentation