Spire.Presentation is a professional PowerPoint® compatible library that enables developers to create, read, write, modify, convert and Print PowerPoint documents. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Presentation for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:22 pm

Using the following code to generate a PDF version of a PPT file, all of the text within the PPT is corrupted.

Code: Select all
        Presentation presentation = new Presentation();
        presentation.loadFromStream(myInputStream, FileFormat.AUTO);
        ByteArrayOutputStream out = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
        presentation.saveToFile(out, FileFormat.PDF);
        presentation.dispose();

[img]Screenshot%202020-04-23%20at%2014.38.41.png[/img]

When exported back to a PPT file instead I see:

[img]Screenshot%202020-04-23%20at%2014.38.41.png[/img]

alainmoran

Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:24 pm

Also, where can I find javadoc for your library?

alainmoran

Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:54 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I simulated a PPT file and tested your code with the latest Spire.Presentation for Java Version:3.3.5, but didn't reproduce your issue. To help us investigate your issue more accurately, please provide the following information.
1) Your input file and output file.
2) Your testing environment information, such as OS information (E.g. Windows 7, 64bit) and Region setting (E.g. China, Chinese).
You could send it to us(support@e-iceblue.com) via email.

And regarding the "javadoc" you mentioned, are your referring to the API doc? If so, here is the online API doc of Spire.Presentation for Java for your kind reference.
https://www.e-iceblue.com/Tutorials/API ... -Java.html
Or you could download the Spire.Presentation for Java package from our website. After unzip the downloaded .zip file, you can find the API doc under the "doc" folder.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:32 am

According to your public maven repository the latest release is 2.6.0.

repo e-iceblue com nexus/content/groups/public/e-iceblue/spire.presentation.free/ (url modified to avoid permission regex)

Is there another repository somewhere?

Thanks for the link to the javadoc, it may be worth publishing those as artefacts alongside the pom and jar files.

Am I correct in thinking that your jar files are deliberately obfuscated (it's caused some problems with our standard build process)

I am currently running this process on MacOS using the EN-GB locale, however this code will eventually be run on many different platforms primarily Linux with the OpenJDK, however possibly also Windows in some enviornments and either OpenJDK or the Oracle JDK - given that the content is in English, it's most likely to be run in EN-GB or EN-US, however we have customers all over the world.

Unfortunately your file upload limit is set to 2Mb, as a result I'm unable to attach the source file, or the example ppt output.

alainmoran

Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:11 am

Still seeing the same result with 3.3.5

[img]Screenshot%202020-04-24%20at%2010.09.40.png[/img]

alainmoran

Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:25 am

Hello,

Thanks for your response.
The link Spire.Presentation for Java Version:3.3.5 I provided is our latest commercial version. The latest free version on our website is Free Spire.Presentation for Java Version:2.6.1, that is consistent with the maven version.
As for size limit of uploading attachments, since it's difficult to reproduce your issue without your input file, please sent it to us(support@e-iceblue.com) via email. Or you could also upload it to the DropBox or OneDrive and then share the download link with us.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:44 am

Thanks for your assistance, we are going to investigate another path - between the obfuscation of the jar and the lack of documentation this does not look like a good direction for us.

alainmoran

Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:13 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.
Maybe my previous explanation caused you some misunderstanding. Our Spire.Presentation is divided into commercial version and free version, their download link on our website, and their maven repository link are all different from each other, as shown below:
1) Commercial version
Website link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/pres ... -java.html
Maven link: http://repo.e-iceblue.com/nexus/content ... sentation/
2) Free version:
Website link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/pres ... -free.html
Maven link: http://repo.e-iceblue.com/nexus/content ... tion.free/

As for the garbled issue, from your screenshots, it may be caused by not installing the corresponding font. Please make sure you have installed the fonts used in your PPT file on your computer. If there is still any issue, please share your input file with us, then we will do further investigation.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:01 pm

Hi,
I'm using \freespire.presentation\4.11.0. (.net library)

Unfortunately i get the same error "Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 file is corrpt." at MacOS at the line below.

Code: Select all
templatePresentation.LoadFromFile(filePath);

Also there is no problem on windows 10 machines. I uploaded the powerpoint file which i use.

Any suggestions.

omurertanis

Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:52 am

Hello Omur,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Since you are using the Free Spire.Presentation, we recommend that you can download the latest commercial version (Spire.Presentation Pack Version:6.6) to have try as it is more stable and contains more bug fixes.

If the issue still occurs after trying, to help us investigate your issue more accurately and quickly, please provide your input file which can reproduce your issue. You could send it to us (support@e-iceblue.com) via email. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Brian
E-iceblue support team

Brian.Li

Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:49 am

Hello,

Has your issue been resolved? If not, could you please provide your input file to us for further investigation?

Sincerely,
Brian
E-iceblue support team

Brian.Li

Return to Spire.Presentation