Spire.PDFViewer is a powerful PDF Viewer component for .NET. It allows developers to load PDF document from stream, file and byte array.

Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:39 pm

Good day

I hope that you are well.

A few months ago we purchased a Spire license for PDFViewer for ASP.net.

We have been using it our 2 dev platforms and on production.

Initially upon installation, it worked well on all platforms. But today I discovered that it works only on 1 of the dev platforms and the other platforms when our application produces a PDF documents it include the evaluation message in read.

We urgently need your assistance, the module affected is extremely critical to our operations.

I am looking forward to from anyone who can assist me.

Kind regards

Casper

CSeloane

Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:08 am

Hello,

Thank you for contacting.
Do you mean that you use new PdfDocument() to produce a PDF document and then read it by Spire.PDFViewer? If like this, actually, you were also using the functionality of our Spire.PDF. Please kindly note that our Spire.PDFViewer.dll has a dependency on Spire.Pdf.dll in some occasions, that’s why the Spire.PDFViewer package contains Spire.Pdf.dll. But if you also use the functionalities of Spire.PDF, you need to add a license for Spire.PDF as well, otherwise there will be a warning message. We are willing to provide a temporary license ( one month free) of Spire.PDF for you to remove the warning message and evaluate our product better. If you need it, please contact our sales team(sales@e-iceblue.com) to get. If there is any misunderstanding or doubt, please provide your full testing code to help us further look into it.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:12 am

Hello,

I am evaluating "Spire.PDFViewer for ASP.NET". The overall experience is good.
The PDF file now can be displayed on web page. However, I would need your further support on specific technical issues.

Questions and requests:
1. Is there a comprehensive instructions / manual for programmer?
2. How to set to display the first 5 pages only (images) if the file is more than 5 pages? Will this help to reduce the loading time of web page?
3. How to disable "Right click -- context menu"?

Thanks.

zhengwenrui

Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:22 am

Hi zhengwenrui,

Thanks for using our product. The following are my answers to your questions.
1. You can download the MSI version (Spire.PDFViewer Pack Version:5.1) from our website and install it. After installation, you can find the API documentation under the "Help" directory.
2. I learned from our developer that for files that are more than 5 pages, by default, our product will actually only load the first 5 pages for display the first time.
3. You can refer to the following JavaScript code to achieve your requirement.
Code: Select all
      <div id="PdfViewer">
         <!-- pdfviewer control -->
      </div>

<script type="text/javascript">
         document.getElementById("PdfViewer").oncontextmenu = function(e) {
            return false;
         }
      </script>

If you have further questions, please feel free to write back.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Return to Spire.PDFViewer