Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:44 pm

I am trying to find out how to use Spire.PDF with ASP.Net applications. Is it necessary to install the software on the server, or can the assembly be just added to the bin folder of the web application? From where would we get the assembly? Would it be necessary to carry out an actual install on the development machine, or can the assembly be referenced into Visual Studio by browsing to it?

Can Spire.PDF receive stream from the database and render it as a PDF directly to the page without creating a physical file on the server? Can the watermarking process take place using a PDF in memory without the need for a physical file?

joeller

Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:37 am

Hi joeller,

Please dont mind that I add the answers after your questions.
#1. Is it necessary to install the software on the server, or can the assembly be just added to the bin folder of the web application?
You only need to add dlls to bin folder of your web application.

#2.From where would we get the assembly?
You can download Spire.Pdf from here(http://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-pdf-for-net-now.html).

#3.Would it be necessary to carry out an actual install on the development machine, or can the assembly be referenced into Visual Studio by browsing to it ?
It is not necessary to install on the development machine, can directly be referenced into Visual Studio by browsing to it.

#4.Can Spire.PDF receive stream from the database and render it as a PDF directly to the page without creating a physical file on the server?
Yes.

#5. Can the watermarking process take place using a PDF in memory without the need for a physical file?
Yes.

Best wishes.
Amy
e-iceblue support

amy.zhao

Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:07 pm

Excellent. Thanks Amy. :D

joeller

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:53 am

Hi joeller,

You're welcome. :lol:
If you hava any problems, please feel free to contact us.

Best wishes,
Amy
e-iceblue support

amy.zhao

Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:44 pm

Hi amy I just went to your download page and downloaded the product to which you pointed. Much to my surprise, contrary to your post, what i downloaded was an msi file which requires me to carry out an install to have access to the assembly. Since I don't have rights to do an install nor would any of our developers then then we would not be able to use the product as is. Isn't there somewhere thatwe can just get the assemblies that are need for inclusion in a web app?

Update: Also how does license relate to the server deployed web application? Is there a license file that needs to be copied to the server? Does Spire.PDF for .NET need to be installed on the server? Is a license key entered in the web.config? I would need to know about this before making a recommendation.

joeller

Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:43 am

Hi joeller,

I am sorry for that . You could download Spire.PDF Pack (Hot Fix) Version:2.5.7 from the link http://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-pdf-for-net-now.html to get all assemblies.

About how does license relate to the server deployed web application, we provide a simple ways:
Just Add these code to the load license into your Global.Application_Start method (generally, in your Global.asax.cs file):
String key = "If68...../"; //You license key which will be sent in your license file.
LicenseProvider.SetLicenseKey(key);
LicenseProvider.LoadLicense();
And then, your license will work on your server and you don't need to copy the license file to your web server.

Best wishes,
Amy
e-iceblue support

amy.zhao

Return to Spire.PDF