Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:32 am

I am evaluating Spire.PDF 8.2.2.0 free, and am getting an issue when saving the PDF as SVG. Some object grouped in PDF file are not grouped in the SVG file. In attachment original PDF (created with AI) and the resulting SVG obtained with Spire.PDF.

Please let me know if there's a solution.

Regards

Alessandro

softwarestudio

Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:01 am

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry.
I did an initial test with your PDF document, but did not reproduce your problem. Here I attached my generated SVG for your reference. I suggest that you give the latest commercial version(Spire.PDF Pack(Hot Fix) Version:8.6.1) a try as it contains more fixes and new features than the free version and is more stable.
If the issue still occurs after trying, please provide the following information for further investigation. Thanks in advance.
1) Test environment, such as win10, 64bit.
2) Application type, such as Console App, .NET Framework 4.8.

Sincerely,
Kylie
E-iceblue support team

kylie.tian

Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:26 pm

Hi,
thanks for answer. We look your file, but i think we're not explain what we want.
We notice that a group created in PDF is not maintained in SVG created with spire.
For explain better what we mean, see file attached: a PDF with 4 rectangle, grouped 2 by 2.
We converted PDF with SPIRE and group are going lost.
If we conver PDF to SVG with Adobe Illustrator (or other software) group ar mantained.

For better explanation, file in sample.zip are:
-sample.pdf is the original PDF that we want to convert
-Sample (as expected to be).svg is the svg file obtained with AI, and is what we need
-Sample (converted with spirepdf).svg is svg file obatined wiht Spire.pdf and is not good for us
-comparation.png is a screenshot of two file that highlights the differences

Furthermore, we notice that layer in PDF, that usually are tranlated in group in SVG file, are non mantained, or have strange behavior.

Let us know.

Regards

softwarestudio

Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:16 am

Hi,

Thank you for your reply and sorry for the late reply due to weekend.
I noticed the phenomenon you mentioned. Actually, it is related to specification of conversion from PDF to SVG. I will submit your requirement to our dev team to investigate if it is nenecessary to change the SVG composition structure. If there is good news, I will notify you immediately.

Sincerely,
Kylie
E-iceblue support team

kylie.tian

Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:36 am

Hi,

Thank you for your patience.
I got feedback from our dev team that the converted SVG structure conforms to the document specification. Sorry, we have no plans to change the structure of the SVG as you want, as the changes will affect the effect of the conversion. I'll let you know if we have a plan to adjust in the future.

Sincerely,
Kylie
E-iceblue support team

kylie.tian

Return to Spire.PDF