Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:36 am

Dears
I am using Spire PDF and I have called print method to print PDF , however the printed PDF include double dashes(specially in dates) and the font in not printed in a clear way as shown in the attached screenshot

NasserTohamy

Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:52 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry!

Sorry that I did not see the screenshot you attached. I tested printing the file you provided through Adobe and Spire.PDF for net, here I also attached the results I printed. But I did not find any different between your file and the print result of Spire.PDF, or the difference between the printed result of Spire.PDF and Adobe.

doubledashesinyourfile.png
printCompare.jpg

Which version of Spire.PDF are you using? If you are not using our latest Spire.PDF for net version 7.11.1, I recommend that you can try it and print again.

If the issue still exists after using the latest version, please provide us with your screenshot with the different pointed out, the target framework of your project (E.g. .net framework 4.8.0), your system information (E.g. Win7, 64 bit) and region setting (E.g. China, Chinese) for reference. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:46 am

I have attached the source PDF you can use it if you need to reproduce the issue by using spire you will see that the source PDF is very clear and when you print it with spire you will see two dashes in all dates and you will notice some other differences in the text clarity

I am using Spire 6.5 however I downloaded the latest release and same issue exist
my target framework is .Net framework 4.5
Windows 10

NasserTohamy

Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:28 am

Hello,

Thanks for sharing more information!

I have reproduced your issue based on the file you provided and logged it in our issue tracking system with the ticket SPIREPDF-4807 for further investigation.

We will let you know if there is any update. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:18 am

thank you, also and for sake of time, please inform me if there is a way to rasterize the PDF before printing to avoid such rendering issues
In other words can I make the PDF as image inside PDF before calling the print function

NasserTohamy

Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:48 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback!

I am afraid that there is no method to avoid the double dashes issue now, since even convert the PDF page into image, this issue still exists. Once there is any progress regarding the issue SPIREPDF-4807, we will notify you immediately.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:25 pm

Please advise the expected time frame to resolve this issue as we are in the middle of implementation

NasserTohamy

Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:16 am

Hello,

Our Dev team is still working on your issues, sorry to tell that there is no significant progress so far. Anyway, I urged and requested them to share any possible ETA at their earliest, once there is any good news, we will notify you immediately. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:11 am

Hello,

Thanks for your patience!

Glad to inform you that we just released Spire.PDF Pack Version:8.1 which fixes the issue of SPIREPDF-4807.

Please download the fix version from the following links to test.

Website link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-pdf-for-net-now.html
Nuget link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.PDF/8.1.0

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:10 am

Hello,

Hope you are doing well!

Has the issue been solved now? Could you please give us some feedback at your convenience?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Return to Spire.PDF