Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:48 pm

My problem that when I create and fill PDF form in my development environment using spire PDF the Arabic characters is shown correctly however when I deploy the project in IIS server in another machine and create the PDF Form the Arabic characters appears as disjoint characters
Is there any configuration I need to add in my production environment to support Arabic encoding or fonts?

I am using the following code
PdfTextBoxFieldWidget textBoxField = field as PdfTextBoxFieldWidget;
switch (textBoxField.Name)
{
case "Text1":

textBoxField.Text = "اللغة العربية";
break;}

NasserTohamy

Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:22 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry!

I did an initial test with the latest Spire.PDF v7.3.1 on Win7 but did not reproduce your issue. Please make sure that your another machine has installed the same Arabic font which exists on your development environment, and your project has the permission to read the fonts. If the font is available and the issue still exists, please use our latest version and try again.

If the issue still persists, please provide us with your system information (E.g. Win7, 64 bit) and region setting (E.g. China, Chinese) of your production environment. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:09 pm

I have attached the following to enable you to reproduce the issue

Form Filling Code
Template Form
Output PDF

My project is .net web forms project and the production environment is IIS web server on Windows server 2019 64bit knowing that the windows locale is Arabic

NasserTohamy

Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:11 am

Hello,

Thanks for sharing more information!

I tested your code and generated the same output pdf as yours. Sorry I do not know much about Arabic. Does the issue of “Arabic characters appears as disjoint” mean that the Arabic characters in the textbox field appears incorrectly? (As the below screenshot shown)? But when I click the text box field, I will see the following effect. Is it the effect you want?

Before click.png

after Click.png

If I have some misunderstanding with your issue, please provide us with your whole project and the screenshots of your issue for reference. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:14 pm

Thank you for your response, first of all, I am happy that you could reproduce my problem,
Your first screenshot(before click) is the generated PDF with Arabic characters that appears in a disconnected format (each character is presented alone without connection with its next character) which is a wrong representation of Arabic words
While your second screenshot(After Click) is the right word after connecting the characters which is a correct representation of Arabic words
The issue is that that my use-case is to generate that PDF for printing so the click event is not expected from the users, in other words, the user generates the PDF in print preview mode and clicks print immediately, so I have to make all text fields read-only and flatten
To reproduce the issue in a correct use-case you have to call the following methods (after switch block) as I attached in the code:
textBoxField.ReadOnly = true;
textBoxField.Flatten = true;
Then click print
You will not be able to get the correct Arabic words, you will get disjoint characters all the time
we need to print the pdf with the correct Arabic word as shown in the second screenshot in your thread

Wrong Arabic Representation.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Correct Arabic Representation.png

NasserTohamy

Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:44 am

Hello,

Thanks for your detailed instructions.

This issue has been submitted to our Dev team with the ticket SPIREPDF-4108 for further investigations.

If there is any update, we will keep you informed. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:06 pm

Please advise if you have any updates regarding this issue

NasserTohamy

Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:00 am

Hello,

Thanks for your following up, and sorry for the late reply as weekend.

Our Dev team is still working on the issue SPIREPDF-4108, sorry to tell that there is no significant progress as its complexity and difficulty so far. Anyway, I urged and requested them to share any possible ETA at their earliest, once there is any good news, we will notify you immediately. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:17 am

Dears,

I am having the same issue with Arabic characters as Mr. Nasser. Has the dev team made any progress in figuring it out?
Where can I track issue SPIREPDF-4108?

Regards,

ahmad.akra

Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:21 am

Hello Ahmad,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Regarding the issue SPIREPDF-4108, due to its complexity and difficulty, our Dev team is still investigating your issue. Anyway, I have requested them to share any possible ETA at their earliest time. I will inform you as soon as there is any update.
And I am sorry that our bug tracking system is not available to customers. Apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Brian
E-iceblue support team

Brian.Li

Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:46 pm

Any update about this issue please

Menna_So

Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:10 am

Hi Menna_So,

Thanks for following up,

Our development team is still working to fix the SPIREPDF-4108 issue, but unfortunately, due to its complexity and difficulty, no significant progress has been made so far. Anyway, I urge and ask them to share any possible ETAs as soon as possible, we will inform you as soon as we have good news. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Ella
E-iceblue support team

Ella.Zhang

Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:21 am

Hi,

I am glad to tell you that our developers have fixed the problem of SPIREPDF-4108, which will enter the testing phase. I will inform you as soon as the new version is released.

Sincerely,
Ella
E-iceblue support team

Ella.Zhang

Return to Spire.PDF