Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed May 03, 2017 9:51 pm

I'm using Spire.PDF FE 3.2.52.56040 for .NET. I'm generating a 3 page PDF, 1 page is programatically generated and the other pages are static and loaded from another existing PDF file. Once everything is consolidated I print the PDF, however some of the images on page 2 are printing reverse (like a negative) and one image disapears. If I open the file that is created in Adobe and print it everything is fine.

I'm attaching a zip that has the PDF that is generated and scans of how page 2 prints from Adobe and how page 2 prints from Spire.PDF.

Bill.Schalck

Thu May 04, 2017 2:25 am

Dear Bill.Schalck,

Thanks for the detail.
I have noticed the issue and posted it to our Dev team. Once it is fixed, we will inform you immediately.
Sorry for inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Fri May 12, 2017 9:32 pm

Do you have an approximate time that development may be able to give a response? This is for a very important project I am working on and if I can't solve it soon I may need to look for an alternate tool-set to use instead of Spire .PDF.

Bill.Schalck

Mon May 15, 2017 3:54 am

Dear Bill.Schalck,

Sorry for late reply as weekend.
Now your issue has been fixed, please download the hotfix from following link and have a try.
http://www.e-iceblue.com/downloads/Temp ... .9.103.zip
Looking forward to your feedback.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Mon May 15, 2017 4:55 pm

This fix is working, however I'm now getting an "Evaluation Warning" printed on the document now. How do I get rid of this?

Bill.Schalck

Tue May 16, 2017 2:13 am

Dear Bill.Schalck,

Thanks for your feedback.
The hotfix is commercial version. And our sales team has sent a temporary license file for one month to you via email, please have a check and remove the warning message and have a better evaluation on our products.
If there is any question, please let me know.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Tue May 16, 2017 8:03 pm

I've applied the hotfix and the license key and the Evaluation Warning is gone, however there is now a new problem.

The logo on the first page of the PDF is not printing. I'm attaching a zip file that contains Shipping Label.PDF and an image of the "Correct.png" was what it SHOULD print and the "Incorrect.png" way it IS printing. So the problem with images on subsequent pages being negatives is resolved but this first image is now not printing through Spire .PDF, although it is visible and it prints from Adobe Reader.

Bill.Schalck

Wed May 17, 2017 3:45 am

Dear Bill.Schalck,

Thanks for your feedback.
Sorry that I didn't find the new problem you mentioned, and didn't find here is the attachment as well. Could you please upload it here again, or send it to us(support@e-iceblue.com) via email. And provide us with the OS information of the computer which has the issue for investigation. In addition, I attached the generated result on my side for checking.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Wed May 17, 2017 1:41 pm

Sorry, I must have made an error attaching the file. Here it is.

The computer is running Windows 10 x64

This is a slightly different example than the first one. We have many different logos that are inserted into the PDF.

Bill.Schalck

Thu May 18, 2017 8:45 am

Dear Bill.Schalck,

Thanks for your information.
I tested the scenario on the computer(win10 64bit), it works fine on my side.
Below is my testing code.
Code: Select all
            PdfDocument doc = new PdfDocument();
            doc.LoadFromFile(@"F:\testing\pdf form testing\original document\Shipping Label.pdf");
            doc.PrintDocument.Print();

Could you please provide us with the code you were using ? The better to provide a sample project for testing as it is difficult for us to find the cause of the problem if we cannot reproduce it on our side.

Thanks,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Thu May 18, 2017 11:04 am

Hello, we've got the same problem. We also detect empty pages and many printouts cannot be decoded at all because they display only some strange characters. Can you please provide a fixing for this issue.

Here my Code:

Dim doc As PdfDocument = New PdfDocument()
doc.LoadFromFile(strPdfSrc)

'Sofort auf Drucker
If showPrintDlg = False Then
doc.PrinterName = strPrinter
doc.PrintDocument.DocumentName = Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(strPdfSrc)
doc.PrintDocument.Print()
Else
'Problematisch: Duplex funktioniert nicht
Dim pDialog As PrintDialog = New PrintDialog
pDialog.AllowPrintToFile = True
pDialog.AllowSomePages = True
pDialog.PrinterSettings.MinimumPage = 1
pDialog.PrinterSettings.MaximumPage = doc.Pages.Count
pDialog.PrinterSettings.FromPage = 1
pDialog.PrinterSettings.ToPage = doc.Pages.Count
pDialog.PrinterSettings.PrinterName = strPrinter

If pDialog.ShowDialog = DialogResult.OK Then
doc.PrintFromPage = pDialog.PrinterSettings.FromPage
doc.PrintToPage = pDialog.PrinterSettings.ToPage
doc.PrinterName = pDialog.PrinterSettings.PrinterName
Dim pd As PrintDocument = doc.PrintDocument
pd.DocumentName = Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(strPdfSrc)
pDialog.Document = pd
pd.Print()
End If
End If

Rgds Thomas

tgrote

Fri May 19, 2017 2:08 am

Dear Thomas,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Please upload the input file here or send it to us(support@e-iceblue.com) via email. Then we will investigate it and update you.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Fri May 19, 2017 6:15 am

Hello Betsy
this is unfortuneately impossible due to data privacy. I am not able to create neutral documents to demonstrate the Problem. The documents that causes this were provided by customers they complained the behavior. They use normal PDFs created by scanners or downloaded files like "linkedIn" profiles. I cannot detect something special, except that some pdf take a very long time to convert and printers need very long to print specific pages.
Rgds
Thomas

tgrote

Fri May 19, 2017 6:36 am

Dear Thomas,

Thanks for your response.
Firstly, we suggest using the latest Spire.PDF. If the issue still happens, I am afraid it is difficult for us to find the cause of the problem if we don't have the input file to reproduce the issue on our side. We promise to keep it confidential and won't use it for any other purpose. So please send the file to us via email.

Many thanks,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Fri May 19, 2017 10:58 am

Hello Betsy, is there a Setup for the latest build that can be installed by the packet Manager console. My installed Version still Shows 3.9.82.
Reg. the samples. As i said i cannot send you those docs, please understand. Maybe i'm receiving some neutral papers within the next days. I'll let you know. Have you checked the code? Do there are any options?
Rgds
Thomas

tgrote

Return to Spire.PDF