Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:31 pm

I am using NuGet package FreeSpire.PDF (8.6.0, NuGet indicates it's the latest) for a desktop app written in C# .NET 4.6.1 to convert a single page PDF to Excel. I wish I can provide the file, but it has highly private data that I cannot share.

My original file had a few more color aspects to it (like orange used for shading). I got an updated file and it has grey instead of orange, and I think it's making it harder for the software to convert the PDF to Excel.

It creates a fairly close version, however there are some pieces of data which used to be text are now just being cut out as an image, and the image is just the text as an image. Therefore when I try to read the Excel file, it cannot see the image anymore (it used to be text).

So... I updated my app to .NET Core (7.0) and got the latest version of Spire.PDF. This appears to have addressed the table, but there is a lot more inconsistency with the new export which I think is because the PDF has a lot less contrast than it used to.

Are there settings/options I can use to try to cause more contrast? Or for it to take extra effort to try to figure out the text instead of cutting the text out as an image?

bunggotor

Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:27 am

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.
Thank you for your willingness to assist us with further investigation. However, we understand that your document contains sensitive information. We kindly request that you remove or obfuscate such information before sharing the document with us. Alternatively, if it is not possible to remove or obfuscate the sensitive information, would it be feasible to create a sample document with similar characteristics that we can use for testing purposes? Please take it easy that we will handle any confidential information with care and respect your privacy. You can send it to us via email (support@e-iceblue.com) or attach it here. Thanks for your corporation.

Sincerely,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Return to Spire.PDF