Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:01 pm

I am trying to include Spire.Office license as embedded resource in my project. I am very sure that we have a valid license. But the output excel file has a sheet with "Evaluation Warning". I am not sure what I did wrong. Please see the attachments for the embedded license file and the output file.

lsong

Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:49 am

Hi Lucy,

Thanks for your inquiry.
The reason for the issue is that our authorization for license version did not match the span of the hotfix version. This is a problem on our side and it would not happen in the future. So sorry for the inconvenience caused. At present, we are on New Year Holiday (from 04/02/2019 to 10/02/2019). Once we are back to work, our sales team would send a new license of Spire.Office to you. Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:50 pm

Is the new licenses of Spire going to be sent to everyone affected by this issue automatically?

Seaver

Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:22 am

Hi Seaver,

Thanks for your inquiry.
If your issue is caused by the reason I mentioned before, we will send a new license file to you manually. Sorry I didn't find the purchase information related to your email. Could you please tell us your purchase email or order information.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:54 am

Hi Lucy,

Hope you are doing well.
We have sent a new license file to to the emial lhaas@wespath.org, please apply the new license file.
If there is any question, welcome to get it back to us.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:46 pm

Hi,
I applied the new license file and it still gives me the "Evaluation Warning" page.

Regards,
Lucy

lsong

Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:24 am

Hi Lucy,

Thanks for your feedback.
Sometimes, other methods could not read the license file because of lack of permission or other reason. Please apply the license by license key. And I have tested your new license file on my side, there is no warning information.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:09 pm

We put Spire related code into a separate class so all applications can share. In this case if I explicitly load license key using this statement in the class code:
Spire.License.LicenseProvider.SetLicenseKey("license key of license1");
Does that mean every time a new license is issued, we have to recompile the class and update all of the applications which references this class dll? That is exactlt what we are trying to avoid doing. Could you please let us know what is the best way to update a license file without touching code?

Thanks,
Lucy

lsong

Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:43 am

Hi Lucy,

Thanks for your information.
If embedding license file doesn't work, I am afraid in this case applying the license key is the best way to remove the warning information. And there is a way to apply the license key without recompiling your class. Please add the license key value in configuration file(.config).
Code: Select all
 <appSettings>
   <add key ="key" value="your key value"/>
 </appSettings>

Then place following code in the right location of your application. When you get a new license file, you only need to change the key value in configuration file.
Code: Select all
            string key = System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["key"];
            Spire.License.LicenseProvider.SetLicenseKey(key);

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:47 pm

The desgin of our system is to centralize Spire related code into a class library so the calling application can include it as a dll. We don't want to add the license key value in each application's configuration file. I put this code only inside the class library:
Spire.License.LicenseProvider.SetLicenseKey("license key of license1");
Now my question is: is it possible for you to retain the license key value unchanged whenever we renew the license? So we don't need to update the code when renewing license.

Thanks,
Lucy

lsong

Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:38 am

Hi Lucy,

Thanks for your information.
I am afraid there is no way to keep the same key when you renew the license, since the key is generated automatically according to some conditions(time and so on, the time is always changing). You need to update the new key in your code when you get a new license. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you could understand.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:34 am

I got new key after renew the license but its not working. but its working When i run my backup application which is using old key. Any idea??
Last edited by ypleong1 on Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ypleong1

Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:40 am

Hi Judy,

Sorry I didn't find the purchase information related to your email. Could you please tell us your purchase email or order information?

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:02 pm

Sent: 2021年4月16日 9:28
To: confirmations@shi.com
Subject: [Order No.9411] Spire.PDF Pro Edition Licensing Information

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for choosing Spire.PDF Pro Edition.
Your license file (MD5: 56D5CB1645BC8A1D6CCACE59D04B03EF) is attached, please check it.

Your license allows 2 developer(s) within a company to use our product Spire.PDF Pro Edition, to acquire priority email support and a one-year subscription for free upgrades to any new versions or fixes that come out during this time. And your license allows deployment of any number of custom applications, utilizing The Product, to 2 Geography location(s).

ypleong1

Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:08 am

Hello Judy,

Thank you for your sharing.
We found your license information based on the information you provided. I did a test with your license key and found it worked well. Your license should not have been applied successfully on your side. I sent my testing project to you via email, please have a check.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Return to Spire.PDF