Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:26 pm

I am working on a C# application which generates .docx and .xlsx files and then needs to convert them to .pdf. I previously downloaded Spire.Doc to test out .docx conversion. I then downloaded Spire.XLS to test .xlsx conversion at a later date. They both worked great for the conversion to pdf but now I have further requirements. I am trying to test the UpdateTableOfContents method in Spire.Doc but now I get an error when trying to create a new Doc.Document (see below)

[color=#FFFF40] ex {"Could not load file or assembly 'Spire.License, Version=1.3.7.40, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b1144360237c8b3f' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)":"Spire.License, Version=1.3.7.40, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b1144360237c8b3f"} System.Exception {System.IO.FileLoadException}[/color]

I believe the problem is the Spire.License file. I have one Spire.License.dll with Spire.Doc installation and one with Spire.Xls installation. Currently my project is referencing the License.dll from the Xls installation and this does not seem to play well with the Spire.Doc dlls. If I change my referenced Spire.License.dll to the one installed with Spire.Doc then I can no longer compile my project. (see error below)

[color=#FFFF40]Error 3 Assembly 'Spire.XLS, Version=10.1.1.6040, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=663f351905198cb3' uses 'Spire.License, Version=1.3.8.40, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b1144360237c8b3f' which has a higher version than referenced assembly 'Spire.License, Version=1.3.7.40, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b1144360237c8b3f' c:\Customers\xxx\TFS-DevB\SourceCode\References\Spire.Xls\Spire.XLS.dll [/color]

I can not reference both Spire.License files at the same time, so how can I fix this?

cdimaria

Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:50 am

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply as weekend.
Kindly note that each of our products is independent and incompatible. If you want to use both our Spire.Doc and Spire.XLS in a same project, you need to download our (Spire.Office Platinum Version:5.1) and reference the corresponding dlls (Spire.Common.dll 3.1.3, Spire.Doc.dll 8.1.3, Spire.Pdf.dll 6.1.4, Spire.XLS.dll 10.1.1, Spire.License.dll 1.3.8)from the same folder. Any question, just feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:08 am

Hello,

Hope you are doing well.
Has your issue been resolved? Could you please give us some feedback at your convenience?
Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Fri May 01, 2020 1:24 pm

I am also getting following error.

System.IO.FileLoadException: 'Could not load file or assembly 'Spire.License, Version=1.3.8.46, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b1144360237c8b3f'. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference.

-Nitin

nitinupasani

Mon May 04, 2020 1:27 am

Hello Nitin,

Thanks for your inquiry and sorry for the late reply as weekend.
Do you want to use multiple components of Spire in a same project? If so, you need to download the Spire.Office (the latest version is Spire.Office Platinum Version:5.4.2) and reference the corresponding dlls to avoid incompatibility issues.
If there is still any issue or ant misunderstanding, please provide more details about your issue.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Mon May 04, 2020 6:24 pm

Rachel,
We recently purchased these 2 licenses:
<Name>Spire.PDF Pro Edition</Name>
<Version>6.2</Version>
<Name>Spire.Doc Standard Edition</Name>
<Version>7.12</Version>

We are using NuGet for project references.
I have removed references to the individual pdf.dll and doc.dll and added a NuGet package Spire.Office 5.4.2.

We are applying our 2 licenses like this:

Spire.License.LicenseProvider.SetLicenseKey(...our pdf key
Spire.License.LicenseProvider.LoadLicense();

Spire.License.LicenseProvider.SetLicenseKey(...our doc key
Spire.License.LicenseProvider.LoadLicense();

We are still getting this error:
FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Spire.License, Version=1.3.8.320, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b1144360237c8b3f' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

terrence@mactexas.com

Tue May 05, 2020 7:33 am

Hi Terrence,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Please make sure you have removed all the dlls related to our product in your project before installing Spire.Office 5.4.2. I recommend you remove all dlls under the "bin" folder and then rebuild your project. If there is still any question, please share your project for further investigation. You could send it to us(support@e-iceblue.com) via email.

Besides, kindly note that our Spire.Office package contains the dlls of Spire.Doc Pro Edition, while your license is only valid for the Spire.Doc Standard Edition. For your situation, I recommend you contact our sales team(sales@e-iceblue.com) to pay for the price difference to upgrade your license file to Spire.Doc Pro Edition.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:26 pm

Hi Team
i am also facing the same problem i have downloaded the freespire.dll and in one visual studio solution it is working fine whereas for one my existing solution it is not even working on my local PC.
i have tried to remove all references and reinstall the freespire.dll still issue is persisting.
i found the version of spire.licence is differ in both solution whereas i have downloaded from nuget.org. Please help me with this.
Thanks in Advance,
Chetna

techchetna

Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:17 am

Hello Chetna,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Are you trying to use multiple components of Spire in the same project? Since each of our products is independent and incompatible, if you want to use multiple components of Spire (such as Spire.Doc and Spire.XLS) in a same project, you need to download the Spire.Office to avoid incompatibility issues.
Ori if I misunderstood, to help us investigate further, please provide us with your project. You could send it to us(support@e-iceblue.com) via email. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Brian
E-iceblue support team

Brian.Li

Return to Spire.Doc