Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:58 am

We recently upgraded spire.pdf to the latest version.

We are also occosionally using an older version of spire.doc.(5.7.0.3040)
Since our upgrade of Spire.pdf we get this exception
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'spr? spr?.?()'.
at spr?.?(spr? A_0, DigitalSignatures A_1, spr? A_2)
at spr?.?(spr? A_0, DigitalSignatures A_1, spr? A_2)
at spr?.?()
at spr?..ctor(Stream A_0)
at Spire.Doc.Document.LoadFromStream(Stream stream, FileFormat fileFormat, String password)

when we try to load an old word document (.doc file).
Code: Select all
            using (Spire.Doc.Document SpireDoc = new Spire.Doc.Document(sourceStream))

The error doesn't occur when we rollback to the old spire.pdf. So this raises the question: is spire.doc internally using methods in spire.pdf which aren't present anymore in the current version of spire.pdf.

[edit]
When I start a new blank project and add a reference to Spire.doc with a reference to Spire.License.dll (version 1.4.0.40) that came with the new version of Spire.pdf all is fine. However, as soon as i add a reference to Spire.pdf the problem occurs.
[/edit]

[edit2]
There defnitely is a dependency on spire.pdf.dll in spire.doc.dll.
I remove the reference to spire.doc from my project and spire.pdf from the bin directory.
Then I add the reference to spire.doc again and buiild the testproject.
In the bin-directory spire.pdf.dll reappears. That is, the old version which is in the same package folder as spire.doc.dlll. That's our old spire.pdf.dll version.
But we want to use the new spire.pdf.dll for our pdf's and the old spire.doc.dll only for simple documentconversion of ancient.doc files.
The latter doesn't work anymore because we upgraded spire.pdf.
[/edit2]

rijsbergen

Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:25 am

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
Some functions of our Spire.Doc product needs to be implemented with Spire.Pdf, but the spire.pdf.dll in Spire.Doc does not match the dll in the latest version of Spire.pdf, so the error message you mentioned will appear. Please kindly notice that when using two(like Spire.Doc and Spire.PDF) or more Spire products in the same project, please use the corresponding dlls from our Spire.Office package, which is the combination of our .NET components including Spire.Doc and Spire.Pdf...
Please remove all the DLLs related to our products in the project, and then install Spire.Office from Nuget Manager.
If there is still any question, please feel free to write back.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:48 am

Thanks for your reply.
Will that require us to buy a new spire.doc license?

We were fine with the old spire.doc because al we used it for was to convert really old .doc files. It's weird that that doesn't we can't do that anymore because we upgraded our pdf component.
Last edited by rijsbergen on Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

rijsbergen

Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:35 am

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.
Yes, you need to purchase a new Spire.Doc license. My colleague Alice has contacted you via email to deal with your purchase (laurens.van.rijsbergen@zorgvandezaak.nl). Please check.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Return to Spire.Doc