Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:03 am

Hi,
during the test Spire.Doc Professional I encountered problems when exporting to PDF.
The test was to take an existing word document and simply export it is in WORD to PDF to test the library.

This is the code I used:

Code: Select all

Document document = new Document();
document.LoadFromFile(@"C:\document.doc");

//FOR DOC
document.SaveToFile("Sample.doc", FileFormat.Doc, Response, HttpContentType.Attachment);

FOR PDF
document.SaveToFile("Sample.pdf", FileFormat.PDF, Response, HttpContentType.Attachment);

The DOC file generated is perfect, but the PDF file no.

I have attached all three files (that of departure, and the two generated with Spire.Doc)

Other information:
I downloaded and installed only one file for the Professional version: Spire.Doc Pro Edition for. NET Version: 4.2

info@isis.it

Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:57 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.
We have done a test, spire.doc hotfix (4.4.30) works fine, please download Spire.Doc Pack Hotfix (4.4.30) from the link http://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-word-for-net-now.html and have a try. If you have any problem, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards.
Amy
e-iceblue support

amy.zhao

Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:27 am

I downloaded the hot fix and most of the problems have been solved, remain only:

- Problem remains the same for the footer: cut the phrase "p.raso @ isis.it - website: www.termoacqua.com" (note the difference between the DOC and PDF).

- The division of the pages is different. The DOC document has 5 pages and the PDF has 4 pages. It 'important that they are exactly the same: in fact, if you export the PDF from Microsoft Office to PDF copy is exactly the same.

- The description of the products in "SEZ 1" and "SEZ 2" is completely lost (note the difference from the document DOC)

Attached the new files exported

Thanks
Last edited by info@isis.it on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

info@isis.it

Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:33 am

One last question: there is a method / function that take in input text in html (with formatting for bold, Italics, Bullet lists) and turn it in the same format but in Word? When I create a Word document from code, take it from a database field which contains HTML and I have to "translate" the formatting in word through your library. thanks

info@isis.it

Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:27 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.
We have checked the doc-document and the pdf-document which you attached, yes, as you describe it, there are some difference between the DOC and PDF. Could you provide us your original document? So that we do a research, and fix the bug as soon as possible. Thanks.
About the question turning text in html(with formatting for bold, Italics, Bullet lists) in the same format but in Word, we support the function, we provide you test code.
If you still have the problem or have any requirement , please tell us.
            Document document = new Document();
            String htmlText = @"<p><b><i>My first paragraph.</i></b></p><ul><li>One</li><li>Two</li><li>Three</li></ul>";
            document.AddSection().AddParagraph().AppendHTML(htmlText);
            document.SaveToFile("sample.docx", FileFormat.Docx);

Best regards,
Amy
e-iceblue support
Last edited by amy.zhao on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

amy.zhao

Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:50 am

Hi,
I have attached the original document in the first post: "document.rar"

info@isis.it

Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:28 pm

Using the function AppendHTML have resolved the problems described above.

Now there remains only the problem:

- In PDF cut the phrase "p.raso @ isis.it - website: www.termoacqua.com" (note the difference between the DOC and PDF).

The email address "@ p.raso isis.it" is generated dynamically by a replace to the original document:
"e-mail: ISIS8# - website: www.termoacqua.com"

with:

document.Replace("ISIS8#", email, false, false);

I have attached the updated version of the original document and the PDF output (I can not attach the DOC generated because exceeds your limit of 250 kb)

info@isis.it

Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:39 pm

Hi,

Sorry for this inconvenience caused by us.
We have reproduced this problem, and we will fix it in next week, because we are on holiday this week.

Thanks.
Harry
Technical Support / Developer,
e-iceblue Support Team

harry.support

Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:09 am

Hi,
news? When you can solve? thanks

info@isis.it

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:58 am

Hi,

We still research the problem, we are sorry that we don't give you specific time now, we will do our best to fix it as soon as possible, once we have any progress on it, we will inform you immediately. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
Amy
e-iceblue support

amy.zhao

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:33 am

Hi,

We have fixed the problem, we will release the hotfix this week.

Best regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support

amy.zhao

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:53 am

We have a similar problem and is also interested in the hotfix. When you say this week, does that mean on Friday or earlier?

matzet

Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:27 am

Hi,

That maybe on Thursday or Friday this week. Once it has been released, we will inform you immediately.

Best regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support

amy.zhao

Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:35 am

Hi,

Thanks for you waiting.
Please download Spire.Doc Pack Version:4.5 from http://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-word-for-net-now.html.

Best regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support

amy.zhao

Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:29 am

Hi,
PROBLEMS
The problem with the footer has been resolved,the application is in error in many parts with "Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." when use the Replace function, for example
CODE: SELECT ALL
if ((off.titolo != "") && (off.titolo != null))
document.Replace("ISIS5#", off.titolo, false, false);

We are sorry that inconvenience caused by us.
We have reproduced your problem, we will do our best to fix the problem as soon as possible, once it has been fixed, we will inform you immediately. Sorry for that again.

Best regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support

amy.zhao

Return to Spire.Doc