Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:06 pm

Hi,

When trying to open a docx file - which is in "compatibility mode" when opened inside word2013 - the spire.doc methods hangs.
I tried it both as a stream and as a file.

muli

Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:54 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.
After an initial testing with the latest Spire.Doc Pack(hot fix) Version:6.11.9, I didn't find the issue you mentioned.
To help us locate your issue accurately, please upload your file here or send it to us(support@e-iceblue.com) via email.

Thanks,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:33 am

Hi Betsy,

Thank you for the quick reply.
I'm currently using the free version of spire.doc. could it be the reason?
Does the hotfix relevant for spire.doc for .NET or only for the pack?

Regards,
Muli

muli

Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:47 am

Hi Muli,

Thanks for your information.
It is difficult to say what is the root of your issue if we don't reproduce the issue. Could you please provide your input file?
The hotfix I mentioned is for pack which includes all platforms Spire.Doc supports.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:55 am

hi Betsy,

I installed the trial of the latest spire.doc for .NET. It seem to solve the problem. I guess the current free version does have this problem with "compatibility mode" files. Is there a chance for it to be solved in the near future or do I have to purchase the standard version just for that?

Thanks,
Muli

muli

Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:39 am

Hi Muli,

Thanks for your prompt response.
Sorry that we have no plan to maintain free version. So you need to use commercial version to solve your issue. And the dlls in the .NET folder of the hotfix I mentioned is Pro version.

Note: Spire.Doc for .NET Standard Edition only can be used for .NET and doesn't support print and conversion function. Spire.Doc Pro Edition supports converting files from Word to PDF, HTML, Word to XPS, Word to Text, Word to Image and Word to XML(the Word can be either .Doc or .Docx).

If there is any question, welcome to get it back to us.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Return to Spire.Doc