Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:09 pm

I am developing ASP.net core application. I downloaded the Spire.doc from nuget (Latest version). However, I get an error when trying to open my document
Document doc = new Document(DocumentName);
The error I am getting is "DocumentName is not exits."
Has anybody encountered this issue before? Any advice will be helpful. I am getting this error on Win2012 R2 server.
Thanks for your help.
James

jkorath

Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:57 am

Hi James,

Thanks for your inquiry.
In general, the error occurs when the file path is incorrect. Please check again whether the file path is correct. If the issue still happens, please provide following information for further investigation.
1. Try to use other Win2012 R2 server to see if there is still the issue. If other Win2012 R2 server doesn't have the issue, the issue should be related to your specific environment. Please compare them and tell us the difference.
2. Does only ASP.net core application has the issue or a .NET core console project also has the issue?
3. Do All files have the issue or just a specific document has the issue?
4. Do you deploy your application on IIS? If so, please provide IIS settings.
5. A sample project to help us reproduce the issue on our side.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:55 pm

Hello Betsy,
Thank you for your reply.
I didn't test it on another 2012 server. However, it works on a Win 2016 standard server.
I created a console app and deployed it to the server, and it works.
Both ASP.net and console applications are .net core 3.1.
Console application has a later version of spire.doc in nuget, however. Version 8.1.10 released on 01/22/2010; ASP.net version is 7.11.0 released on 11/05/2019

Yes, it is hosted on IIS version 8.5.9600.16384. If you like to know any specific setting let me know.

jkorath

Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:16 am

Hi James,

Thanks for your information.
Do you mean on the same Win2012 R2 server, the console .NET Core app worked while ASP.NET core application didn't work?
And does the ASP.NET core application work on the Win2012 R2 server on local? I mean don not deploy it on IIS.
Besides, I noticed your ASP.NET core application used an old version, could you please update to the latest version 8.1.10 and check if the issue still happens.

Since we didn't encounter the same issue on our side, sorry that it is difficult to say the reason or specific settings of your issue. Could you please provide an executable project which shows your issue on your side for testing?

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Return to Spire.Doc