Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:43 pm

Hi,

I am using Spire.Doc to convert word document to html document in ASP.Net application. Our customers are experiencing two issues right now. One , when there is a tab in word document with other text, it converts the tab to box in html document. second, users are getting errors sometimes that file cannot be uploaded due to conversion issue. I cannot reproduce this one in development. Does it have any memory leak issue or any known issue already? Could you please look into these? If you need more info, please let me know.

Ishfaq Ahmad
AIFS Stamford

ishfaqa

Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:51 am

Hi ishfaq Ahmad,
Sorry for the late reply and thank you for your patience with our support team.

We have tested that converting the doc document including a tab to html with our hotfix(v4.1.18), it works well. Would you please have a try with it, you can download it at http://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-word-for-net-now/spire-doc-hv4118.html

If you still have problem, would you please attach your doc document to help us better resolve this problem.
Thanks in advance.
Have a nice day.

Thanks and Regards.

e-iceblue support

Suvi.Wu

Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:10 pm

Thanks for your reply. I am testing the new fix after the download and let you know after finishing testing. The second issue is very strange. I am uploading the same word doc from two different PCs. I am getting this error on one pc with windows XP installed and office 2007:
The method or operation is not implemented.
at gt.a(PropertyType A_0, Stream A_1, Int32 A_2)
at gt.c(Stream A_0, Int32 A_1)
at a.c(Stream A_0)
at f1.d(Stream A_0)
at f1..ctor(Stream A_0)
at ht.d() at ht.e()
at ht.ac()
at j0.a(ht A_0, Document A_1)
at Spire.Doc.Document.LoadFromFile(String fileName)
at AIFS.AKROS.HostFamily.Essays.ConvertDocument(String fileName, Int32 docID, String path, String hfid)

//convert to HTM and save on file system
spirdoc = new Spire.Doc.Document();
spirdoc.LoadFromFile(temppath); ---------this line throws an exception when called from pc with XP and office 2007
//spirdoc.SaveToFile(tempsavepath,FileFormat.PDF);
spirdoc.SaveToFile(tempsavepath, FileFormat.Html);

But when I upload the same file from another Pc with windows7 and office 2010 on it, it works. I am not sure what is that error Spire.doc dll is throwing. The same file from XP PC throwing that error but works on windows7 pc. the browsers on both pcs are using the same web applications in development server. This is also happening in production and causing our users a problem. Could you please look into this issue for us? It is very important for us to fix this issue for our users. If you need more information please let me know or send me the phone number where I can call.

Thanks,
Ishfaq

ishfaqa

Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:16 am

Hello Ishfaq,

We are so sorry for the late reply and the inconvenience caused by us.
Would you please send us your doc document to help us better resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.
Have a great day.

BR
Suvi
e-iceblue support

Suvi.Wu

Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:25 pm

Ok. The upload is giving me the following error

The extension doc is not allowed.

Could you please give me your email, so I send it to you in email. Please use the following email address.

If you need more info let me know.

Ishfaq

iahmad@aifs.com

ishfaqa

Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:27 am

Hi Ishfaq,

So sorry for the late response.

Please send us the problem information to suvi.wu@e-iceblue.com. Suvi will help you solve this error.

Have a great day!
e-iceblue support

iceblue support

Return to Spire.Doc