Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:16 pm

Hi!
Could you confirm my assumptions about licensing of communit Spire.Doc (free of charge version)? I really don't want to do any actions against it.

1. I can use community version(free) of Spire.Doc commercial way in public-faced or cloud based apps
I'm confused cause licence text doesn't mention specifically community version of Spire.Doc. Only paid versions of your software are included in licence text.
At the same time there's
In consideration of Your payment of applicable license fees and/or Your acceptance of the terms of this Agreement, e-iceblue hereby grants to You certain nonexclusive and nontransferable rights limited by the terms of this Agreement.

So can I assume that OR used in sentence applicable license fees OR Your accpetance of the terms of this Agreement allows me to accept the terms only and all terms are applied to the free of charge version?

2. There's no limitation in usage of community version (in license way) after switching from subscribtion version to free of charge version. I understand feature and updates restrictions.

Thanks a lot!

viemel123

Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:53 am

Hello Michael,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Free Spire.Doc is a totally free word API for commercial and personal use. The community version (free) of Spire.Doc can be used in public-facing or cloud-based applications.

Friendly Reminder:
Free version is limited to 500 paragraphs and 25 tables. This limitation is enforced during reading or writing files. When converting word documents to PDF and XPS files, you can only get the first 3 page of PDF file.

Sincerely,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Return to Spire.Doc