Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:32 pm

Hi

I have 2 examples of Microsoft Word .docx files that cannot be processed using the Spire.Doc version 5.7 and Spire.Office 2.14 components. I am using the example toPDF project as a test harness with the following code.

Code: Select all
            FileStream fileStream = System.IO.File.Open(@"C:\Users\richard\Downloads\ProblemFile1.docx", FileMode.Open);
            document.LoadFromStream(fileStream, Spire.Doc.FileFormat.Auto);

Spire.Pdf.PdfDocument pdfdoc;
            using (MemoryStream stream = new MemoryStream())
            {
                document.SaveToStream(stream, Spire.Doc.FileFormat.PDF);
                document.Close();
                pdfdoc = new Spire.Pdf.PdfDocument(stream);
            }

My concern with these failures is that the process either never returns a result/error code or if it does, it throws a StackOverflowException which cannot be caught and handled gracefully.

I have tried the files using the iceblue Spire online conversion web page resulting in a Server Error after a considerable time. I can provide the example files by email if necessary. The files also cause problems for some similar conversion services however there are products that will handle them.

Is it possible to
1. Process the file examples without error
2. When an error or incompatibility occurs, retrieve an error code or report on what the issue is.
3. Allow the application to continue and process further documents

Many thanks
Richard

rbarclay

Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:09 am

Hello Richard,

Thank you for your kind feedback.
Please provide us your example files to help us to know your issue and resolve it soon. You can send the files to support@e-iceblue.com.
Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,
Caroline
E-iceblue support team

caroline.zhang

Return to Spire.Doc