Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:49 pm

Hi,

Spire.XLS is crashing when I call WorkBook.LoadFromStream() with a particular file. I have attached the file to this post.

The exception is:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Spire.Xls.Core.Spreadsheet.XlsWorksheet.2()
at Spire.Xls.Core.Spreadsheet.XlsWorksheet.ParseData(Dictionary`2 dictUpdatedSSTIndexes)
at Spire.Xls.Core.Spreadsheet.XlsWorksheet.10()
at Spire.Xls.Core.Spreadsheet.XlsWorkbook.ClearAll()
at Spire.Xls.Core.Spreadsheet.XlsWorkbook.DisposeAll()
at Spire.Xls.Core.Spreadsheet.XlsWorkbook.Close(Boolean SaveChanges, String Filename)
at Spire.Xls.Core.Spreadsheet.XlsWorkbook.Finalize()

If you need any more information please let me know.

Thanks
Attachments
BadFile.zip
(93.81 KiB) Downloaded 266 times

jhumphries

Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:23 am

Hi jhumphries,

Thanks for your post.
I have reproduced the issue and logged it into our bug tracking system. I will let you know as soon as there is any update. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Sincerely,
Hogan
E-iceblue support team

hogan.tang

Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:21 am

Thanks Hogan,

Do you have an estimated timeframe for a fix? - we are seeing these errors in our customers production environment, so this is a critical issue for us.

Thanks

Jim

jhumphries

Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:53 am

Hi jhumphries,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I'm afraid that I can't share an estimated time, however, I have explained the urgent situation of the case to our dev team. Please be patient and spare us little time. We would try our best to provide the solution ASAP.
Sincerely,
Hogan
E-iceblue support team

hogan.tang

Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:16 am

Hi jhumphries,

Glad to inform that your issue has been fixed in the latest Spire.Office version (Spire.Office Platinum (DLL Only) Version:3.8.0
Sincerely,
Hogan
E-iceblue support team

hogan.tang

Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:55 am

Hi jhumphries,

Hope you are doing well.
Has your issue been solved with the new version? Could you please give us some feedback at your convenience?
Sincerely,
Hogan
E-iceblue support team

hogan.tang

Return to Spire.XLS