Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:02 pm

We currently use your spire.doc package to produce pdf documentation from word templates. However we are getting issues with spaces being removed from the pdf when they clearly exist within the word document.

We are currently using version 6.8.6 in our live environment, but I have tried with the latest version and still get the issue. Would you be able to help with this issue? I have emailed some examples to your Support@e-iceblue.com from the mail address associated with this account. I can provide you with the word template we are using, would that also need to go to support@e-iceblue.com?

bryan.mo

Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:40 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I simulated a Word file and did an initial test with the latest Spire.Doc Pack Version:9.3.6, but did not reproduce your issue. To help us investigate further, please provide your input template file. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely
Elena
E-iceblue support team

Elena.Zhang

Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:19 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have sent a copy of our template, along with examples of where spaces are being removed to: Support@e-iceblue.com

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks in advance.

bryan.mo

Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:55 am

Hello,

Thanks for your sharing via email.
I tested with the following code but did not find the spaces are removed.
Code: Select all
            //Create word document
            Document document = new Document();
            document.LoadFromFile("WHS Offer Var.docx");

//Save the document to a PDF file.
            document.SaveToFile("Sample.pdf", FileFormat.PDF);

To help us investigate further, please provide your project target framework version (e.g. .NET Framework 4.5), your OS information (e.g. Windows 7, 64bit) and region setting (e.g. China, Chinese). Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Elena
E-iceblue support team

Elena.Zhang

Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:35 am

Hi thanks for your reply.
I have sent the information requested plus some additional information to support@e-iceblue.com

I hope this helps, thanks again

bryan.mo

Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:44 am

Hello,

Thanks for sharing information via email.
I did an initial test in a similar environment and indeed reproduced your issue. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system with the ticket SPIREDOC-5773. If there is any update, we will inform you immediately. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Elena
E-iceblue support team

Elena.Zhang

Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:59 am

Okay, thanks for looking into it.

Do you have any idea how long it would take to release a fix?

bryan.mo

Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:08 am

Hello,

Thanks for your prompt response.
Sorry that we are unable to give you an estimated time about your issues at this moment. Our Dev team will investigate further and fix them.
Anyway, if there are any updates, we will notify you ASAP. Thanks for your patience.

Sincerely,
Elena
E-iceblue support team

Elena.Zhang

Return to Spire.Doc