Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:24 am

There seems to be an issue where a forms PDF becomes corrupted (i.e. cannot be opened and says that it is corrupted) when a call to Security.Encrypt is called as follows:

Code: Select all
if (strOwnerPassword != "")
{
    // Set the password and permissions
    pdfSource.Security.Encrypt("", strOwnerPassword, Spire.Pdf.Security.PdfPermissionsFlags.None, PdfEncryptionKeySize.Key256Bit);   
}

You can download an example forms document from here http://support.servicetrade.com/en/arti ... -pdf-forms any one of the files will cause the issue but the Backflow example is the one that I have been using.

wraydc

Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:41 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I downloaded several PDF documents and tested them, and indeed found they couldn't be opened after being encrypted. This issue has been logged into our bug tracking system with the ticket SPIREPDF-3060. We will let you know if there is any update.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:12 pm

A quick check-in to see how work is going on this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Darren.

wraydc

Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:23 am

Hello,

Thanks for your following up.
Sorry to tell that there is no significant progress on your issue at present. Our Dev team is still fixing it. Please spare us more time.
Anyway, we will notify you as soon as it is fixed. Apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:23 pm

Just a quick follow-up to see if there's any progress on this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Darren

wraydc

Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:44 am

Hello,

Thanks for your following up.
Regarding this issue, we found if encrypting the PDF files you provided when applying a valid license, the generated PDF file could be opened normally. Our sales team just sent you a temporary (one month free) license of Spire.PDF. Please refer to this tutorial (How to Apply the License by license key) to apply your license and have a test.
Meanwhile, the caused reason when the license is not applied, our Dev team will continue to investigate it. Once there is any update, we will let you know immediately.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:37 am

Thanks, I have verified that this now works correctly. My use case was using a valid and applied license though, just for feedback :)

wraydc

Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:52 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback. Also, our Dev team will keep investigating the cause of the issue SPIREPDF-3060. We will inform you if there is any progress.
Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Return to Spire.PDF