Spire.Barcode is a professional barcode library specially designed for .NET developers (C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, .NET Core) and Java developers (J2SE and J2EE) to generate, read and scan 1D & 2D barcodes.

Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:07 am

Hello,
I have a barcode with the following data: "ABC-abc-1234-ÄÖÜßäöü"
When I scan it via Spire.Barcode.BarcodeScanner.ScanOne(filePath) it returns: "ABC-abc-1234-ddDV\_dv|d"

Is it possible to get the special characters from the barcode?

Franziska Reinhard

Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:54 am

Hello,

Thanks for your letter and sorry for the late response due to the weekend.
I simulated a barcode with the data: "ABC-abc-1234-ÄÖÜßäöü" and scanned it with our Spire.Barcode, it is possible to get the special characters from the barcode and returns the correct data. I attached a screenshot of my testing result for your reference. If you were using an old version of Spire.Barcode, I suggest you download our latest Spire.BarCode for .NET Version:3.1 to try again. If your issue still occurs, please share us with your barcode to help further look into it. You could send it to us via email (support@e-iceblue.com).

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:52 am

Hello,
Thanks for your reply.
I figured out it's a problem with my sample barcode. Tried another one and now everything works fine.

Franziska Reinhard

Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:01 am

Hello,

Glad to hear that!
If you have any question related to our products in the future, just feel free to contact us. Wish you all the best!

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Return to Spire.BarCode