Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:32 pm

Hi,

I am trying to save more than 100 pages PDF file as Tiff file and it's running extremely slow.

What can you do to speed this process up?

kuochif

Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:26 am

Hi kuochif,

Thanks for your inquiry. This is Amber from E-iceblue support team.
Firstly, I suggest you try to use the latest version of Spire.PDF Pack(Hot Fix) Version:5.8.2 which has more improvements than old versions. If the issue still exists, please offer us following information for further investigation.
1. Your input Pdf file.
2. The total time of your converting.
3. The RAM information, such as 8GB.
4. The OS and Region information, e.g. Win7 64bit, China/Chinese.
You could upload your information here or send them to us via email(support@e-iceblue.com).

Best wishes,
Amber
E-iceblue support team

Amber.Gu

Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:40 am

Hi kuochif,

Thanks for your information via email.
After testing your file with Spire.PDF Pack(Hot Fix) Version:5.8.2, the process of converting the Pdf file to Tiff image took around 221 seconds on my side.
I will post your requirement to our Dev team and they will check if there is any approach to improve the performance. Once there is any progress, we will let you know.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best wishes,
Amber
E-iceblue support team

Amber.Gu

Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:34 am

Hi,

Hope you are doing well.
Note the process of converting PDF to TIFF consists of two parts. Firstly Spire.Pdf will convert Pdf file to images. Then it will use C# code to convert images to Tiff, and this code is not related to our product.
Since the size and complexity of your Word file, and you set 300DPI for the images(if you set a smaller value, the process will be faster), when converting to images with Spire, the time is about 90s on my computer(Win7 64bit, RAM 8GB), and this is actually normal. I am afraid there is no good way to improve the time with Spire at present.
The most of the conversion time(about 130 seconds) is spent on the second part, and this part is not related to Spire.Pdf, and we cannot do anything about that.
Hope you could understand.

Best wishes,
Amber
E-iceblue support team

Amber.Gu

Return to Spire.PDF