Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:21 pm

I have a PDF file that I want to edit by filling in the form fields. When I simply copy the file to a new destination, then open it, it opens fine without prompting for a password. However, if I fill in some of the fields using spire.pdf and then save it, when I try to open it again, it prompts for an "open form password". I am not changing any of the security setting in the form. I am simply copying it to a new location, loading it, filling in the fields and then saving it.

Why is it adding the password protection?

johnmillet

Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:11 am

Hello John Millet,

Thanks for your message.
According to your description, I did an initial test with our latest Spire.PDF Pack(Hot Fix) Version:8.7.2, but I didn't reproduce your issue. If you were using an old version, I suggest that you upgrade to the latest one to try again. If your issue still exists after trying, to help us further look into it, please share us with your input PDF file as well as your full testing code. You can attach them here or send them to us via email (support@e-iceblue.com).

Sincerely,
Simple
E-iceblue support team

Simple.Li

Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:56 am

Hello John Millet,

Could you please let us know how is your issue going? Thanks in advance for your feedback and time.

Sincerely,
Simple
E-iceblue support team

Simple.Li

Return to Spire.PDF