Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:55 am

PdfDocument.SaveToFile is having issues with sentences having hyphen (-) symbol.
I'm trying to convert a pdf to svg. Pdf document has sentences with hyphen symbol.
After the file has been converted to svg, the words with hyphen(-) looks distorted.
I'm using Spire.pdf version 7.4.13.0.
I have also tried with version 7.10.4.0. Same issue exist in this version too.
Also the bold characters were showing as normal characters too.
Can you please suggest a solution for this please?

issue-1.PNG

issue-2.PNG

zaheen555

Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:31 am

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
I simulated a PDF and did an initial test, but did not reproduce your issue. To help us investigate your issue quickly and effectively, please provide your sample PDF file. You could attach it here or send it to us via email (support@e-iceblue.com). Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:53 am

Hello

Thanks for quick response.
I used another file and this time I'm getting a similar but different issue.
Instead of hyphen(-), the image renders bullets.

Pdf and svg attached
Title Issue Updated C.zip

zaheen555

Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:49 pm

Hello,

Please find the pdf here I was having issue with.
The words with hyphen(-) is getting distorted after its converted to SVG.

Thanks

zaheen555

Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:32 am

Hello,

Thank you for sharing.
I tested your PDF files and reproduced the issues you raised. I have logged them into our bug tracking system with the ticket number SPIREPDF-4768. Our development team will investigate and fix it. Once it is resolved, I will inform you in time. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:29 am

Hello,

Kindly provide an ETA for the issue. This is something urgent for us.

Thanks

zaheen555

Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:08 am

Hello,

Thank you for following up.
Sorry we can't provide an ETA at this moment. Our development team informed that one issue has been solved so far, and the other is still under investigation. Once both are solved, we will provide you a hotfix version immediately, thanks for your understanding.
In addition, we have not found your purchase record. Could you please provide your purchase information such as order number or license registration email for us reference, then we can give a high priority to your case. You can send them to us via email(support@e-iceblue.com).

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:37 pm

Hello,

As you suggested, I have sent an email with order number to support on last Friday. Please take this on priority.
Please keep me updated on when the fix can be done.

Thanks,
Zaheen

zaheen555

Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:17 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.
Yes, I got your email. It seems that my yesterday reply didn't reach you. Based on the order number you provided we have already given the highest priority to your case.
Meanwhile, our Dev team informed that the issue SPIREPDF-4768 has been resolved, now it is in the testing phase. Once the tests pass, we will provide a new hotfix version for you as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:26 am

Hello,

Thank you for your patience.
Glad to inform that we just released Spire.Office Platinum(Hotfix) Version:6.12.1 which fixed the issue SPIREPDF-4768, please download it from the following links to test.
Website link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-office-for-net-now.html
Nuget link:
https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.Office/6.12.1
https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.Office.NETCore/6.12.1

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:06 am

Hello,

Hope you are doing well!
Have you tried the new version of Spire.Office? Is the issue resolved now? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Return to Spire.PDF