Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:04 pm

After opening a user password protected pdf, if you save and then try to open that with the same password, it fails.

var doc = new PdfDocument();
doc.LoadFromBytes(fileBytes,"PASSWORD");
var ms = new MemoryStream();
doc.SaveToStream(ms);
doc.Close();
// This throws an exception
doc.LoadFromBytes(ms.ToArray(), "PASSWORD");

hunterb46

Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:47 am

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry,
I simulated a PDF with open password to test, but did not reproduce your problem using Spire.PDF Pack(Hot Fix) Version:8.3.9. If you were not using the latest version, I would suggest you give the latest one a try. If the issue still happens, please provide the following information for further investigation. You can attach your document here or send it to us via email (support@e-iceblue.com). Thank you in advance.
1) Your PDF document and password.
2) Test environment, such as Win10, 64bit
3) Application type, such as Console App, .NET Framework 4.8

Sincerely,
Kylie
E-iceblue support team

kylie.tian

Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:31 am

I'm on Windows 10 64 bit, using .net framework 4.8. I have attached the pdf. The pass is EMPOWER. Rename the txt file in the zip to pdf.

hunterb46

Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:54 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
I reproduced your problem on my side and posted the problem to our bug tracking system with the problem number SPIREPDF-5039. I will let you know as soon as the problem is resolved or there is any update. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Kylie
E-iceblue support team

kylie.tian

Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:25 am

Hi,

Glad to inform that we just released Spire.PDF Pack(Hot Fix) Version:8.7.2 which fixed SPIREPDF-5039, you can download it from the following links to test.
Website link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/down ... t-now.html
Nuget link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.PDF/8.7.2

Sincerely,
Kylie
E-iceblue support team

kylie.tian

Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:49 am

Hi,

Greetings from E-iceblue!
Have you tried the hotfix? Could you please give us some feedback at your convenience?

Sincerely,
Kylie
E-iceblue support team

kylie.tian

Return to Spire.PDF