Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:16 pm

Hi,

I'm trying Spire.doc for evaluating purposes. When I open doc file with letters (šđčćž), and save it as rtf file, after opening rtf file - >instead of (šđčćž), there is (?????).

Is there no unicode support?

Thanks,

Miki

miki

Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:08 am

Thank you for your inquiry.

Reading rtf format format can be supported in next release. The next release date is October 15.

Best Regards.

Flash

Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:50 pm

Thanks for reply. It would be nice to have some doc preview control (like RichTextBox), not to call Process.Start(filename). I hope that it should be implemented soon.

Best Regards,

Miki.

miki

Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:17 am

Hello miki,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Spire.Doc can not support to preview doc file in current release, it just use to read and write word document file. if you want to preview doc file(like richtextbox), we recommend you to use WebBrowser to this, Open the document with Spire.Doc and saving it under Temporary Internet Files as HTML, and displaying that HTML with the WebBrowser control.

Best Regards

Flash

Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:54 pm

Hello Flash,

My business requirement is to load a lot of doc files, generate preview, enable in-place editing (if necessary) and save back to doc. So far, Spire.Doc is the best .NET component on the market (fast load, small doc to rtf conversion file size, easy to use...). Only failure that I ran to is to load e-book (aprox 3 Mb size, 500 pages) is 2x slower than Word. Everything else is lightning fast. I hope that you will make that in-place edit option soon, because that completes the circle.

Best wishes,

Miki

miki

Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:52 pm

Hello

Thanks for your inquiry.
We do not have such controls. There are a lot products which provide GUI to edit documents, like "TX Text Control", "Text Dynamics", "Rad Editor". If you want use web-based editor, you can use Buzzword, Google Docs.
Hope it can help you.

Best Regards

Flash

Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:03 pm

Thanks for your help.

Miki

miki

Return to Spire.Doc