Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:20 am

Hi,

We are using the following code to convert a RTF document to a PDF document. During testing the input file contains a picture in the right margin of the document indicating that the document is generated on the test environment. When the PDF is generated the picture disappears.

Document document = new Document();
document.LoadFromFile("input.rtf", FileFormat.Auto);

var pdfList = new ToPdfParameterList();
pdfList.PdfConformanceLevel = Spire.Pdf.PdfConformanceLevel.Pdf_A1B;
document.SaveToFile("output.pdf", pdfList);

We are using Spire.Doc version/hotfix 6.10.2

Attached are example in- and output files.

Teamdocters

Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:48 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I did notice that the picture disappeared in generated Pdf, and already logged it into our bug tracking system for investigating and fixing, once there is any update, I will let you know. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:29 am

Hello,

After further analysis, we found that your Rtf documents contain transparent images, but Pdf/A does not support processing such images. You could convert your Rtf file to Pdf/A by MS Word directly, you will see that the picture "TEST" is also missing in generated Pdf/A file. To avoid the issue, you could change the images layout of your Rtf file, just put image "TEST" at the top layer of image "A" as shown in the attached screenshot. Then the issue could be resolved. I also attached a revised Rtf( newInput-1.RTF) and my output Pdf/A(NewOutput1.pdf) for your better reference. If there is any doubt, welcome to write back.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:15 pm

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for the update/response, I will look into it.

Regards,
Harold

Teamdocters

Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:20 pm

Hi Lisa,

I was able to reproduce the behaviour/fix you described and found an entry on the Pdf/A site describing the behaviour.

https://www.pdfa.org/pdfa-faq/

Thanx for the help.

Regards,
Harold

Teamdocters

Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:31 am

Dear Harold,

Thanks for your valuable feedback.
If you need further assistance, just feel free to contact us. Wish you all the best.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Return to Spire.Doc