Spire.XLS for .NET is a professional Excel .NET component that can be used to any type of .NET 2.0, 3.5, 4.0 or 4.5 framework application, both ASP.NET web sites and Windows Forms application.

Fri May 04, 2012 2:07 pm

I downloaded and installed the trial version(spire.xls_standard_6.5). I'm using VB.net to write a basic app to open an excel add some data and save it.
I have added reference to spire.XLS.dll located at C:\Program Files (x86)\e-iceblue\Spire.XLS Standard Edition\Bin\NET4.0

below is the sample 3 lines of code

Imports Spire.Xls
'
'
'
Dim xlWorkBook As New Spire.Xls.Workbook()
Dim xlWorkSheet As Worksheet

When I compile, it throws error on all three lines. I also notice that when I add reference for the first time and right-click on it and select "view in object browser" it shows me that assembly but when I build the application and try to do the same thing I dont see it in the object browser. Not sure what is going on.

Thanks for help.

edantas

Mon May 07, 2012 3:21 am

Hi edantas,

Please make sure that you are using .NET Framework 4, not using .NET Framework 4 Client Profile. You can double-click the "Properties" to check and change this setting. I attanched a picture for you. Please have a chek.

Regards
Eric
e-iceblue support
e-iceblue Co.,Ltd
Attachments
pic.jpg
setting pictures
pic.jpg (28.83 KiB) Viewed 1881 times

Eric

Return to Spire.XLS