Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:31 pm

Hi Team,

In my project, we need to read the text from both the scanned and normal pdf.

I created a console and used the dll spire.pdf for reading text from the PDF file.

While reading the text from normal pdf it extracts perfectly meantime trying to extract text from the scanned pdf it's not extracting the text.

Could anyone help us to achieve this? Is it possible to read text from the scanned PDF file?

Thanks in advance.

Rajanbabu

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:39 am

Hello,

Thanks for your post. Actually, a scanned Pdf file doesn't contain any text except an image. In that case, Spire.Pdf can't not extract the text. I am sorry for that. Have a good day.

Best regards,
Simon
E-icelbue support team

Simon.yang

Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:52 am

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your quick response!

Rajanbabu

Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:39 pm

Hi Team,

In my project, we need to read the text from both the scanned and normal pdf.

I am Using spire.pdf v8.1.4 and while reading the text from normal pdf it extracts perfectly meantime trying to extract text from the scanned pdf it's not extracting the text.

Is it possible to read text from the scanned PDF file?

Thanks in advance.

manjeetsingh12

Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:58 am

Hello manjeetsingh,

Thanks for your inquiry!

Kindly note that the scanned PDF does not have text in it, but the picture which has text. Sorry that our Spire.PDF cannot extract text from picture, but you can use our Spire.OCR and Spire.PDF together to achieve your needs. Here I attached a simple project for your reference. If there is any question when you test the project, just feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:46 am

Thanks Marcia

manjeetsingh12

Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:54 am

Hello,

You are welcome!

If you encounter any issues related to our product in the future, just feel free to contact us.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Return to Spire.PDF