Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:23 am

Hi, I have a few question, could you help me please?
I've been digging through the documentation for these questions and found some answers, but I don't know if the free version we used would do the trick.
1. Can we convert .xls to .xlsx with our free version library?
2. Do we have any way to validate if a file is empty (xls, xlsx)?
3. Another thing I would like to know is if you have any tables that show the limitations of using the free version, for example if there are lines limited to (xls or xlsx).

igorleme93

Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:38 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry, below is my answer to your question.
1. The free version supports converting .xls to .xlsx.
2. We provide the worksheet.IsEmpty method to determine whether the sheet is empty.
3. Kindly note in free version, the .xls file is limited to 5 sheets per workbook and 200 rows per sheet, while the .xlsx file format doesn't have the limitation. When converting Excel files to other formats, such as PDF/XPS/Images, you can only get the first 3 pages of PDF/XPS/Images.
By the way, we don't upgrade free version regular, hence I suggest that you evaluate our commercial version as it contains more fixes and new features, it more stable than the free versions. We are willing to provide a one-month temporary license to help you remove the limitation and warning from the commercial version. Please click here to acquire a temporary license.

Sincerely,
Kylie
E-iceblue support team

kylie.tian

Return to Spire.XLS