Spire.Barcode is a professional barcode library specially designed for .NET developers (C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, .NET Core) and Java developers (J2SE and J2EE) to generate, read and scan 1D & 2D barcodes.

Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:02 pm

I am testing with the free version. Several items are of concern I need to address before we purchase:

My test code is taking the feed from a web cam and on each new frame event I call a method to scan the image returned from the frame. This the bar code method:
Code: Select all
private void ReadBarcode(Bitmap bitmap)
        {
            try
            {
                string[] datas = Spire.Barcode.BarcodeScanner.Scan(bitmap);
                if (datas.Length > 0)
                {
                    WriteLine("Scanned Data:");
                    foreach (string data in datas)
                    {
                        WriteLine(data);
                    }
                }
            }
            catch (Exception e)
            {

}
        }

1. It's reading QR code correctly, however each frame where the QR Code is not in the view of the camera it throws constant error, so I had to put it in a try-catch block. Is there an easy/more elegant way to tell it to just ignore invalid images without all the exceptions.

2. The response to reading the QR code is very slow; takes 2-4 seconds on average to get a result. Is this normal, should I be expecting faster times with the paid version?

wbalthrop

Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:13 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry. The following is my answer to your questions.

1. I tried to scan some images without any barcodes, but did not encounter any issue. To help us investigate your issue more accurately, please share some sample images that could reproduce your issue. You could send them to us(support@e-iceblue.com) via email.

2. Generally, the scan speed of the paid version is faster than the free version. But the speed can be affected by many factors, such as the complexity and clarity of the barcode image. I suggest that you download the latest paid version Spire.BarCode(Hot Fix) Version:4.5.1 to test your case. Besides, you can specify the type of barcode when scanning, which may shorten the scanning time, like the code below .
Code: Select all
    string[] datas = Spire.Barcode.BarcodeScanner.Scan(bitmap, Spire.Barcode.BarCodeType.QRCode);

If it still takes a long time after trying, please provide us with some QR Code images, then we will investigate further. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:37 am

Hello,

Hope you are doing well.
How is your issue now? Could you please give us some feedback at your convenience?
Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Return to Spire.BarCode